Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

ESPN Reranking college football’s 2020 recruiting class

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN Reranking college football’s 2020 recruiting class

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

With the benefit of close to three seasons to evaluate player production and accumulated wins on Saturdays, we can now better assess the most impactful classes from the 2020 cycle.

10. Utah Utes

2020 class ranking: 30 | Top commit: CB Clark Phillips III (No. 90)
      Time has allowed this class to jump up 20 spots and helped deliver the program’s first Pac-12 title last season. Momentum continues, as the Utes are now ranked within the AP top 15. Top signee CB Clark Phillips III has performed like it. He’s a three-year starter and among the top defensive backs in the conference. The defensive line has benefited from this class, starting with in-state ESPN 300 DL Van Fillinger, who has been a two-year starter and a top pass-rusher for the Utes. Three-star Connor O’Toole signed as a tight end but has transitioned into a productive backup to Fillinger on defense. Aliki Vimahi also arrived with this class and is a starter for Utah on the D-line. It signed only three projected WRs in the class but has received production from two, with Caine Savage playing in the secondary and Money Parks contributing at WR.
      RedUte14
      Participant

I just dont see how this is very accurate…

ayoriver
        Participant

I get what you mean. I hope that is an indication of the bias that comes with having a more recognizable brand. 

Agreed. There was a time in our recent past when we would only get the occasional television broadcast during the season. Those announcers would struggle with name pronunciations and meaningful information while always pretending that they were knowledgeable about the team. Perhaps, very little has changed in that regard other than brand recognition.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.