Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Excuse me while I go beat my wife

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Excuse me while I go beat my wife

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

An entire post about Utah’s failure at recruiting JC Quarterbacks and who’s expected to be the starter next year, a JC Quarterback.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-football-former-narbonne-qb-troy-williams-passes-for-383-yards-seven-tds-20151122-story.html

Then knucklehead says he’s a running QB, yet his passing statistics are lights out. Yep, guy knows his stuff.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If Williams is such a great passer, why weren’t other PAC 12 programs offering him? Watch his highlights at Washington, against pac12 defenses. He’s a run first qb at this level. JC passing stats are meaningless. T-cain lit it up there too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let’s see, Hays was reviled because he was a JuCo transfer who’s FCS school eliminated football, yet he led Utah to a Sun Bowl win over a P5 Georgia Tech. Utah’s last P5 Bowl win was over Alabama. I guess he sucked because no other P5 offered. Kinda like Vernon Adams in his first recruiting go around. Without the recruiting pedigree they’re worthless (see Heaps, Wittek).

We’ll see on Troy Williams. He only played one game at UW and yes the stat line and result were not good. Had he done that at Utah, he would have been a 4 year starter simply because he was a 4 star recruit. I think Utah should release him from his commitment. We’ve already got 4 star Chase Hansen on the roster.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah, Hays did suck, as evidenced by the fact that we was basically playing in a rec league and nobody else offered him. Chow somehow figured out how to win with him, props to Chow.

Allowing Chase Hansen to get injured by playing defense is inexcusable. If Williams was already proven, then fine. But he’s not.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think a JUCO QB can fix the coaching issues at Utah. At least to me I believe Utah has a coaching problem on the offensive side of the ball specifically QB and WR(edited). Chow was the best offensive mind Utah has had and he left. His play calling made sense. At times this season Hardy and Roderick schemed pretty well. But against pretty beat up defenses Utah struggled and was out coached.

#rehirenormachow #Utahcoachingretirementvillage

Ute Bc
      Participant

Troy Williams is not your typical JC QB. He was a victim of Sark and his lack of loyalty and other issues… I think Troy will be a great addition to a weakness we have. If Chase beats him out – so be it, it will be nice to have an experienced back up QB.

That said, our problems are both personnel and coaching at Utah. Personnel too often being used improperly or moved to defense. Coaching, well our WR coach turned OC says it all. We don’t have descent WR’s and our offensive scheme sucks.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I feel like Utah on the offensive side of the ball has different gears like a manual transmission. Against Zona and fUCLA they shifted into “DON’T LOSE THE GAME.” If they continue in this gear we will see two more losses and a four game losing streak heading into a rebuilding year will be nasty.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Chase is a safety and I hope he can move into that linebacker spot which will be weak by graduation this season. @utebc

Anonymous
          Inactive

Chase is a safety and I hope he can move into that linebacker spot which will be weak by graduation this season.

Yeah, because our weakness at linebacker next season is so much more important than our weakness at Quarterback. It’s this stupid logic that keeps us from winning the PAC 12 south division.

Ute Bc
      Participant

Beeehive, I love a good LB but I really hope he stays as a QB. He has been advertised as a great QB until mid-season when we had injury issues in the defensive backfield.

If we didn’t feel like he was a good QB then why in hell haven’t we been recruiting more QB’s. It sure didn’t feel like, going into this season, that we were going to look for a JC QB and stick with Connor Manning. Even Kyle said that he thought some of the QB’s would transfer. Now, all of a sudden, we are a complete unknown at QB – that’s unacceptable.

Kyle is making Moose look smart, I’m really uncomfortable with that…just kidding Moose

Anonymous
        Inactive

Whitt has done it before. I think we should extend Whitt unless something crazy happens and Hill has a slam dunk hire in his back pocket somehow.

Ute Bc
      Participant

He was extended after last season.

It will be interesting to see how many, if any, schools come after Kyle. I think he’s one of the top defensive minds in the country. If one of the big openings comes up we will have to pay him a lot and keep him for a long time – if we want him. That may be the right thing to do, but I am starting to have some doubts.

Anonymous
        Inactive

In this day an age of fans that love offensive production I doubt Whitt gets hired anywhere. USC being the only step up in my mind of the spots that are open. Whitt is only leaving for the NFL and I bet he looks at Chip Kelly and says probably not the easiest job in the world.

I am fine with Troy Williams coming in and as the QB. Or even Manning but who are the playmakers? Williams looks good at times but man those hands scare me. He ain’t no Booker, so I am excited to see what McCormick can do. I bet we see a two headed running attack next year. Covey is mission bound…who? Handley will get better a little more experienced. Who else? No playmakers. The Oline is going to be scary good next year but just like this year Utah lacks playmakers. Bring in some JUCO wideouts if anything.

Linebacking positon? Man I hope Hansen can fill in quick.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Look at the teams who win the PAC 12 divisions…they have depth and experience at the QB position. I don’t know why we think we’ll win our division with a new unproven guy and nobody behind him.

But whatever, continue beating your wives.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.