Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Favorite day and time for games

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Favorite day and time for games

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I honestly think that Utah plays better at night when at home. But, just for me and my own convenience, when we play on Saturdays, I prefer playing earlier. I love Thursday or Friday night games. I know it isn’t convenient for people’s work schedules and tailgating. I just like getting the game out of the way. Then on Saturday, I can enjoy the other games.

How about you – what do you guys prefer?

UteThunder
      Participant

I prefer games played in the evening. Let’s me watch other games during the day and get things done.

Semi-related note, having these Thursday openers has been a great move by Hill. One of the only games on, so good exposure and even more important is getting to have an additional couple of days between game 1 and game 2 to iron out the kinks. I’m glad Harlan has kept it going.

RedRocks
      Participant

Thursday evenings when it is a holiday weekend. Saturday (or Friday) evenings otherwise.

bopahull
      Participant

I prefer Saturday games. My preferred game times depends on when the game is played. Early in the season until around mid October, I prefer evening games. Later in the season I enjoy the day games.

tanute3
      Participant

Saturdays @ 6pm

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Saturday night, baby! I loved PAC 12 after dark. I know a lot of people hated it for exposure reasons, but it just worked better for me. Plus, I live in California, and I’m an hour behind most of you, so I’m not staying up as late either.

AlohaUte
      Participant

Night games. I can watch them and not have my Saturday ruined.

Ute-yankee
      Participant

Saturday under the lights.

Ute in Chatt
        Participant

I don’t mind weekday games, but living in EST it can be rough, especially Thursday. I won’t be going to bed until 2 AM at the earliest, depending on how the U plays the game. No recording to watch later. Nope, not me. I’m going to whine a little, but waking up at 5:30 the next morning is rough, but it is still worth it to watch the U play. I don’t mind a good Friday night game. You still have the rest of the weekend to do what you need to do. Also, you can enjoy the rest of the college football weekend knowing your team kicked butt and not have to worry about the game. It does make for a more relaxed Saturday.

Utegator
          Participant

Yeah, when I was living in FL those night games can be rough. I’d be up all alone watching the games for a couple hours after everyone went to bed or went out to the bars.

W16Ute
      Participant

I always thought that I preferred day games, until last year. There wasn’t a single night game and it felt like I couldn’t get anything done all season. Night games I still get some life/home things done and get football.

That being said, Utah football is way too big a part of my life and it makes my day and week better no matter what time or day.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

I prefer noon EST kickoffs, but I understand why folks in the MST and PST wouldn’t.

During my time as a student on the hill, my favorite kickoff times were about 3pm — a “day” game, with an “evening” conclusion, then back to the Sigma Nu house for a postgame party.

utefansince79
      Participant

Before November, 6PM as it’s more of an atmosphere at night and you don’t get home too late. Not fond of 8PM as you get home well after midnight and it’s quite inconvenient for the east coast fans.

Late in the year, 1PM, just as it’s warmer when the sun is still up.

I do wish they could have the schedule set in advance rather than finding out just a week or two but that’s how things are with TV (which provides revenue).

Back in early 80s, when it was rare to be on TV and road games had to be followed on the radio, it was usually games at about 7PM the first few months with November games around 1PM or so.

GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

Night, night, and more night. Too many things going on during the day. Too many sunburns.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.