Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Few things

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Few things

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ALUF
      Participant

Where do people get the idea that rising can’t play a full season? He really only missed time for the wazzu game in 22 and then obviously the rose bowls. Talking with a byu-p fan and he cited that the reason they beat us this year is because rising won’t even make it to this game because of his history lol. He then made fun of how old he is and I guess forgot that byu-p has a team full of late 20s aged players every year?

Arizona fans seemed convinced that they are going to win in slc this year. All based on the 42-10 game last year where I believe we were missing a lot of players on both sides of the ball…funny how some of these teams specifically Arizona think they will walk out of rice Eccles with a win. Only Oregon this last year has won in slc since 2018 vs Washington not counting Covid. Since then we’ve beaten a couple heismans here. Arizona isn’t that team (who is 1-6 in the last 7 against us) and neither is any team on our home schedule rising’s health be damned.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

He’d made fun of Rising based on how old he is??? Guess he never heard of Chris Weinke. Zoobs are so uneducated. mendenmidmajor was right about them.

They’re also quite tone deaf. Rising is the same age (and recruiting class) as Gerry Bohanon — another guy who’d spent a lot of time in ER.

Cameron Rising, Class of 2018 (4-star; 8th-ranked pro-style QB)
      Gerry Bohanon, Class of 2018 (3-star; 19th-ranked dual threat QB)
      (Source: Rivals)

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Taysom Hill was Risings age his senior year, and he didn’t even have a covid year as an excuse.

I’m not worried about Risings health or any home game for that matter. Not one team on that home slate is going to beat the Utes. Especially not the zoobs. There are a couple of away games that have me worried, however.

Dallas
      Participant

It’s simple desperation. It helps them cope. It’s not false that rising has missed a lot of games due to injury during his career. That fact is quite sad for a collegiate athlete. Coog fans are basically rooting for an injury so they have a shot which is so ugly. They are so desperate and miserable that they have convinced themselves that the whole cfb world is delusional for picking Utah.
      Someone on here compared their spin to political spin. Focus on the negative and beat the drum—never a fair assessment of the actual strengths and weaknesses of our team. The conviction of these beliefs is pretty uncomfortable. Clearly they’ve got a lot more wrapped into byu football than a mere football game.

22Ute22
      Participant

Even if Rising does miss the game, which if he does, hopefully it’s a temporary injury, how funny would it be if Isaac Wilson as a true freshman demolishes BYU lol.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

If Rising is the only major injury, the Utes still win that game by three scores unless Whitt keeps it close for Kalani. The talent gap is real and it’s huge.

fosternano
        Participant

I would also love for Utah to be winning by 30+ and Wilson sub in the 4th quarter to rub it in a bit.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

I would love it. I just don’t see Whitt doing it to Kalani.

ArcheryUte
          Participant

I hope we are at a point in college athletics that worrying about friends feelings or status as a head coach, doesn’t play a part in scoring.

If getting embarrassed by Utah is the final straw, Sitake will be an awesome addition to the U coaching staff.

Utah by 30+.

Central Coast Ute
            Participant

Whitt opted to take a knee rather than run up the score. I doubt that much has changed.

PhiladelphiaUte
              Participant

Yep. He wouldn’t even run up the score on Bronco Mendenhall. And he didn’t like Rosco.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

The Arizona game is my least favorite game on the schedule by far because it comes after Ok St and they come off a bye week and it’s early enough in the season that with new coaching we won’t have a complete picture of their stuff. The only good thing is it’s a home game.

ArcheryUte
        Participant

I agree City – this one worries me. I really respect Fifita and think he’s a great player. However, I have some optimism. That AZ team faced a depleted defense. I don’t recall Ellis, Reid, Barton (obviously), or Bishop playing in that game. That makes it much easier.

jshame17
          Participant

This is my recollection as well.

The team won’t forget them throwing deep for a TD, up with an 18 point lead , with 40 seconds left.

Plus they don’t have Jedd Fisch anymore… unfortunately. I wanted angry Whitt to embarrass him.

Different game this year.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.