Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Football is Entertainment

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football is Entertainment

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lgt4141
      Participant

The game sucked on Saturday. I think we can all agree on that.

Games like that are a reminder that, for me at least, football is a form of entertainment. I have a limited entertainment budget of time and money and that is how I choose to spend it. It was a game I looked forward to and was very disappointed by the outcome. It reminds me that it is entertainment and I can’t let the decisions of college athletes on the field ruin the rest of the weekend for me. It was a like a movie that you are excited to see and when you finally see it, it is a bad movie and you feel let down but life goes on. Games like the wins at USC the past couple of years are great movies that you always remember.

There is still a lot of games left to play and I think we will look back on this game as a bad bump in the road onto a great season.

GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

Every time a hardcore Utah fan realizes this, an angel gets its wings.

Texasute
        Participant

I have a tendency to get hyped up way over the top with Utah Football. Games like last Saturday, while a kick in the gut, helps me reset priorities.

cj13
        Participant

I realized this after the 2019 Pac 12 championship game 😂

BD
      Participant

Agree.

Games like Saturday, as unpleasant as they are, “reset” my mind on this, and remind me of two things: that it is just a game, and that I am sometimes way too emotionally attached.

MFury
        Participant

Do you mean I shouldn’t tie my sense of self-worth to the outcome of a football game?

Processing….

enigami344
      Participant

ya I get that, and I am not mad at anyone either. But when life gets busy and football pretty much become my only entertainment, this loss stinks. The past weekend felt very empty. I probably need a healthier life

lgt4141
      Participant

It is easy to get sucked into the hype and it is fun when the Utes win and sucks when they lose but a reminder like Saturday is can be good to have. Win or lose diapers will still have to changed the next day in my house.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.