Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

BYU & Utah stats through 7 games

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU & Utah stats through 7 games

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anfernee
      Participant

BYU offense: 61st
      Utah offense: 71st
      BYU defense: 30th
      Utah defense: 20th
      BYU redzone offense: 27th
      Utah redzone offense: 87th

KLars04
      Participant

Without looking, I’m sure they are a lot higher in turnover margin than we are. They have been very opportunistic in a few games and have had great field position and multiple special teams and defensive touchdowns.

Their offense has been trending up recently and ours has trended down the last few games. Hopefully that changes tomorrow but I guess we will find out

Anfernee
        Participant

If we had a semi functioning redzone offense through the first seven games there’s a great chance we are 7-0 right now.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

One team executed when they needed to and one team didn’t? Seems more important than any of the stats you listed.

Anfernee
            Participant

Yes. That’s my whole point. Similar in everything but RZ efficiency. The difference between 3 losses and undefeated can be very thin. And I attribute ours mainly to coaching.

2008 National Champ
              Participant

I’m as hard on the coaches as anyone on here but the players still have to make the plays. As good as the defense has been, the numbers of interceptions that have ended up on the ground is astounding. A PBU can force a punt but with the lack of a return game, you’re giving up 20+ yards of field position.

That’s where the parochial school has been outstanding this year and it has been able to cover up a bunch of warts from their offense. I remember two dropped picks against TCU (Hall and Calhoun) but there might have been a third. As bad as the offense was that game, continually starting inside their own 10 didn’t help matters.

Utah#1
              Participant

Hate to say it, but coulda, shoulda, woulda ain’t gonna get it done. I hope this week is different with different OC. The new OC’s stats over the years are not stellar, but only time will tell starting with Houston.

RUUTES
          Participant

agreed but that’s a mighty big IF at this point. IF we had a lot it would have created a redzone offense. But we apparently have none of those things…so far.

jshame17
      Participant

Today, byu has a 61% chance of going to the playoffs if they win today. 25% if they lose.

Disgusting…

jshame17
      Participant

The only stat that matters, is byu is probably going the playoffs before Utah.

Very dark days ahead….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.