Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Gameday

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      2 1
      ALUF
      Participant

I really hope Isaac shows out this afternoon as to why he was a 4*. If there was ever a game, this would be it with the level of talent of usu. this could get ugly if he turns it over a lot for scores

8 1
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

he doesn’t need to show out. he doesn’t need to be the hero. run the plays as designed and let the other 10 guys on the offense do their jobs.

Rising looked great game one because he made the right decisions and didn’t force anything. Wilson looked bad game one because he kept going for the highest degree of difficulty. He tried to get away with things that he could in High School but can’t at this level. His Venn diagram of talent & experience has very little overlap right now. Once it does, maybe he turns in to the QB this board wants him to be but he’s not there yet.

Uteanooga
        Participant

Bingo. I want to see him stay calm, make good decisions, and pass accurately when he throws the ball.

If he does these things I expect him to look fantastic.

tanute3
        Participant

2008 is right. Isaac’s third EVER college game is not the do or die game for the remainder of his career. Regardless how he does today, I really hope us fans give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him time to develop rather than cast him off as a bust.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

It’s often overlooked but if you think about the 4 big TD’s against SUU, all Rising did was not screw it up. Don’t get me wrong, some of the toughest throws to make are placement passes. Stanley on both his catches and two of Kuithe’s were so wide open that Rising just needed to make sure to give them time to run under the ball.

It’s so easy to try to do too much. That’s what’s holding Wilson back right now. Knowing the difference between a throw he can make and a throw he needs to make. Complete enough of the can throws and you don’t put yourself in the position where need comes in to play.

Tony (admin)
            Keymaster

Those wide open passes can be the hardest ones to throw because at that point its all mental. Kind of like a 3-foot putt.

2008 National Champ
              Participant

100% mental. You end up throwing against air in a situation where you are primed to throw against coverage. It’s so easy to relax and lose your technique

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Isaac is going to have a great game. Utes will take care of business and move on to OSU.
      Go Utes

ProudUte
      Participant

I really want to see Isaac gain confidence. Playing with confidence is so important in sports. A guy who plays with confidence (not c**ky) is going to play much better than someone who is worried how he will play.

Back in the 70s, Utah’s QB was injured and the backup wasn’t getting it done. Coach Meek decided to play Safety, Steve Marshall. (He was a HS QB at Skyline.) Steve had confidence he could move the team and he did. He always played with confidence. He won the Sports Illustrated offensive player of the week for his performance against CSU. He never played QB again after that game.

I know when I am golfing, if I doubt myself – I never play as well as if I am feeling confident. If I am overthinking my swing – I rarely play well.

I want Isaac to come out of this game today feeling like he can lead this team to victory if he is called on again this season. He needs to play without overthinking. He needs to have confidence in himself and his teammates.

Go Isaac, and Go Utes!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.