Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Give Isaac Wilson a break

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Give Isaac Wilson a break

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Wilson made some mistakes in his first time playing college football. No one can argue this. Comparing him to a 25-year-old with years of experience is not fair. Cam first played for Utah after practicing with Texas for a year and then practicing with the Utes for year and sitting in the pressbox with Ludwig during that season. And, I remember well that Cam was trashed for a stupid PI he threw in that first game before he was injured. I think Cam has turned out okay.

Look at the guy who was inducted into the football ring of honor last night, Alex Smith. His first playing time against SDSU in 2002 was a disaster. Remember how he turned out?

No one ever knows how a kid will transition to college ball. But, I for one am a happy Ute fan that is very glad that Wilson is on our team. I trust he will improve and I believe he will become a great QB for the Utes.

Anfernee
      Participant

He’s a true freshman. In his first game. JFC I forgot how insufferable a vast majority of internet fan reactions are. Anyways he’s gonna be such a stud.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

I haven’t been on X yet. Are people getting worked up?

Tednab
          Participant

For a freshman and his first game , he looked better than any QB that we had last year .. I’m not worried about him at all, he’ll be fine

Yergensen
      Participant

Isaac Wilson is going to be a baller.

If you look at the good from last night (back shoulder TD throw, arm strength, quick processor, escapability/big run downfield, eyes downfield when scrambling) he has all the tools. He’s going to be fun to watch, can’t wait.

6 2
      AlohaUte
      Participant

Are people -outside of Twitter ( who should be summarily ignored and banned from the internet) – bring hard on him? I’ve seen only very minor criticism, if any at all. We all know he’s a true freshman in his first game.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

100% support him remaining the number 2 QB.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Kid’s 18 years old right? Just played his first college game. That back shoulder throw was balls! I had a really cool angle to see that. He’ll be awesome.

Xanthis
        Participant

It was a great throw and catch, but Ryan was wide open just to the right of Caleb. Perfect play to get on film for him to learn from.

4 2
      Utah
      Participant

He’s going to be a great QB and last night showed that.

That second INT…the WR was open, Wilson made a bad throw. That’s it. He makes a better throw and he’s 8/11 with 2 TD’s and over 100 yards passing.

He was a freaking baller last night and anyone who says otherwise…lacks knowledge on QB play. He made the right reads, he made strong throws, he stepped up in the pocket, he threw while getting hit. He was a star.

If he played last year, we win 10+ games. That’s how good he is.

UTEopia
        Participant

After looking at the replay, I have to disagree. The 2nd Int was trying to do too much. He had a wide open Lohner at the 5 and tried to go to a guy that had 2 guys on him and then the guy who was 5 yards off Lohner dropped back and picked it off. He will learn to take the easy throw and let Lohner work like Kuithie did for his TD.

Utah
          Participant

Yes, he should have taken the easy throw. BUT the WR was open. Wilson under threw it. If he throws it into the corner it’s a TD or an incompletion. But the WR was open, Wilson’s read wasn’t wrong, he just attempted a hard throw and missed.

Like you, I’d prefer he throw it underneath, but mentally, what he did was ok. He had a WR open in the end zone and tried to get the ball to him. He just physically didn’t make the play.

UteFanatic
      Participant

Fans are gonna fan, and always overreact to very small sample sizes. I thought Wilson looked great once he settled in. That throw to Lohner for a TD was a thing of beauty. I’m so excited for this kid.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

He has all the tools and is going to be good. Sitting a year behind Cam is the best scenario we can ask for. He looks awesome in red. It will be fun watching him grow and get better like all of our past QBs. Isaac we are all behind you 100%.

UTEopia
      Participant

Wilson will be fine. I noticed that he actually called a couple of audibles. Uncanny that he can do that as a freshman.

UTEopia
      Participant

Wilson will be fine. I noticed that he actually called a couple of audibles. Uncanny that he can do that as a freshman.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.