Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Give Rising The Benefit Of The Doubt

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Give Rising The Benefit Of The Doubt

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      12 3
      bountifulute
      Participant

First time poster here but just wanted to say something. I’ve seen a lot of fans upset at Cam because of the injury situation. I saw as many other did of him laughing during the game yesterday but I also saw him run out on the field and looked pumped up when Wilson threw the touchdown pass. None of us really know what the nature of his injury was and that’s not his fault. For all we know is that he told the coaches he was ready to go in and play but they said nope. In any case we have all seen how scary we are with him and until he’s done playing for Utah, I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt. GO UTES!

4 2
      RustyShackleford
      Participant

After last season I don’t think so.

3 1
      NashvilleUteFan
      Participant

Guy is supposedly making close to 2 million and can’t even act like he cares what’s happening in the game. It’s an utter disgrace. The least he can do is celebrate a TD for the amount of money he is being paid so no, I’m not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt personally.

I’d love to hear OnlyU’s personal assessment of the situation with the insider knowledge that he has. And I would absolutely love to be wrong about Cam but I just don’t see how guys could respect him. He’s medically cleared, we are in the thick of conference play. No chance the coaches told him to sit thinking we could sneak by. If that is what happened, we have some serious issues with our program.

AlohaUte
      Participant

Look, I want to, but we fans have been gaslit constantly for two seasons now.

Then I see Kuithe getting the crap beat out of him, frequently hobbling off the field, but then he’s right back out there, yet Rising can’t play because he’s been “day-to-day for 3 weeks now.

NashvilleUteFan
        Participant

More like 3 years

Tednab
        Participant

Well if anything, the last two pages of post bitching should be enough message board material to motivate the team for the next two weeks

6 1
      //r00t4Utes
      Participant

I don’t doubt Cams toughness or willingness to play.

I also have no issues with Cam’s demeanor on the sideline. He’s being himself and bringing his positive vibes. It’s better to help the 18yr old freshman and team overall to remain positive then add tension or whatever.

I think some fans are letting their frustrations get the best of them, which I get as I am a well. And other fans are acting like spoiled little children crying and throwing a tantrum cause they didn’t get their way. Sadly, they remind me of TDS fans in the 90s.

HATUman
      Participant

I just want them to win

Trailgoat
      Participant

Hard to take Rising or KW seriously after the knee injury charade. The weekly mental hopscotch last season only hurt the program in the long run. Everybody in the Rising camp, knew damn well he was not playing in 2023. The deception whether KW was aware of or not was a bad look for KW and the program.

The lack QB and RB development and recruitment over the past several years is another message board discussion. KW has done amazing program changing work for the UofU during his tenure and he goes out on his terms. Has KW run his course as head coach at Utah? IMO, 2024 sets up for a good time to hand off the program to MS especially if Utah does not make it to the B12 champion game.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.