Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Glad we didn’t waste NIL on Cormani McClain

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Glad we didn’t waste NIL on Cormani McClain

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MDUte
      Participant

Ute Dub
      Participant

TLDR version. Poor work ethic has followed him from Colorado to Florida

5 Star HS athlete played little at Colorado his freshman season and hit the portal and bad mouthed his teammates and Prime. Apparently, he doesn’t have good work ethic, misses or is late to team workouts and that has transferred over to Florida, his transfer portal destination.

“I was told that Cormani McClain has been late to most of the requirements (meetings, lift, etc…). The way that it’s handled is sort of like a strike system. Essentially, you get a warning, they you have to do extra run/lift… which he’s started to show up late for as well. They started to make the defense and then the rest of the team do these extra lifts thinking that would get Cormani to show up on time and it hasn’t.

You’re not going to be liked in the locker room if your tardiness/immaturity is causing the rest of your team to have to run.”

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

NFL GM’s also don’t like that type of behavior. I hope the young man can get it figured out for his sake.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Even an all time great like Allen Iverson got bitch slapped about being late to practice. I’m not sure what imaginary world McClain lives in where he thinks he’s above the fray. He really needs to start getting his head in the game or his next destination is Last Chance U.

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

Mental illness is a helluva thing

DataUte
        Participant

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I wonder if there is some ADHD or something else beyond a feeling of entitlement. Maybe he needs a different kind of support or at least a roommate that can keep him on schedule.

chinngiskhaan
          Participant

No rational person would screw themselves over so royally. All he had to do to make hundreds of thousands if not millions over the next couple of years is show tf up on time. No way he doesn’t have some sort of disorder.

Charlie Foxtrot
            Participant

If that is the case, I hope someone on the Florida staff is willing to work with him and get him some help. Of course he has to want to be helped, or it’s all a moot point.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

So that video says he is a preferred walk on at Florida. Florida didn’t even want to put him on scholarship, and I would have to think that whatever NIL deal he got probably has a bunch of stipulations as well. If he can’t get on the field because he can’t even show up to practice, NIL/boosters are not going to be happy paying for nothing. He may have bought himself another season of college football, but what are the chances that he even makes the travel squad given his attitude and lack of accountability?

Phatmanandy
        Participant

If I remember correctly he chose a walk-on at Florida because they were full on scholarships but he was getting some multi-million dollar NIL which would obviously be more than enough to pay his education. I was bummed he didn’t pick us the first time and then again the second time. However I think the Utes did their due diligence on him and cooled off. Unfortunate to see for sure, but it’s wild to me how these student-athletes make such mind numbing mistakes and blow their future.

WasatchRanger
      Participant

Tweet

I have no vetting of the source, but he might even be off the team now.

MDUte
        Participant

Might have just been a rumor based on his position coach’s tweet. But it sounds like there’s definitely issues with this kid.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.