Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Good to have Utah football back

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Good to have Utah football back

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

First of all Go Utes! Feels good to be 1-0.

Defense looked like they were playing around 40%. Low energy and stuff. So I can’t really take anything out of it.
      Johnson is probably done for the year. Which sucks. I want to see more from this defense though. When SUU swapped QBs it seemed to help Utah. The middle of the field and crosses looked soft. Angles were soft. Idk. Don’t want to over critique because it is SUU but come on it is SUU!! Should have been more dominate. I was surprised to see first downs early honestly. The pick was really good but poorly thrown and read by SUU.

Offense. Rising looked good. Showed his legs off. Showed he can take hits. Whitt even looked for him after that super late one. His almost INT was not great. I didn’t like to see that at all. But it is SUU so hard to measure anything.

RBs looked good. Stanley is quick. Very quick.
      Mitchell not as excited. He immediately reminded me of TT. Runs high without his pads. He fumbled the ball. Stanley and Bernard please. More of them.

WILSON! Wilson!! Umm idk. It’s SUU I will hope we don’t need him. His picks were awful. His back shoulder TD was awesome. His nerves were apparent to end the half. I like that Whitt threw him like Rising was injured. It seemed like Whitt scripted that to see how Wilson would respond. Well he didn’t look ready and less than ideal stuff happens. Wilson gonna have to grow up quick.

Special teams was exactly what I wanted to see.

Crowd looked good on television.

Go Utes!!

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Agreed on the energy. I’m hoping it was just the team looking ahead to the season and not how this is going to play out all year.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Yeah it was just a scrimmage type feel to it. Utah doesn’t look like a 12-0 or 11-1 team right now I guess. I didn’t expect that but the hype certainly needs to be dialed back. The pieces look good and Whitt is a helluva coach.

ProudUte
      Participant

Wilson was not at his best. But, remember Alex Smith’s first college series – he threw a pick-6. So, who knows what Isaac will do.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

You said it twice but it is a really unfair comparison to make.
        I don’t know if Wilson will be on the team next season let alone a Smith type career. That is difference in college football today. That sounds completely negative but that is just reality. Wilson is going to have his chances but he looked every bit a freshman against a slight advance in competition.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.