Gundy postgame

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gundy postgame

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Duhwayne
      Participant

Duhwayne
      Participant

Watch 8:00. He seems annoyed. The denial is the part that indicates he knows they got whipped. He clearly expected they would compete better. Was unhappy with scheme etc.

Duhwayne
      Participant

Monday presser

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Kind of makes me wonder about Ollie Gordon this season. He is probably participated in some sort of substance abuse program. Usually the defense attorneys and school require that. Seems like his drop off may be just off field related.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

Possibly, but his QB can’t pass or run. Back when the Utes had Booker, they also had a QB who could run. You could stack the box against the Utes, knowing they’re probably going to run, but who was going to be the one running? With OSU, you know it is going to be the QB, so it’s easy to stop the run. You also know that their pass game isn’t a threat because the QB is garbage. After watching that game, I’m of the opinion that OSU was vastly over ranked.

Duhwayne
      Participant

Overall I was impressed with the attitudes of their guys. I expect they’ll be in contention at the end of season.

8 1
      TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

They did get whooped and the final score sadly didn’t reflect that. If we hadn’t played prevent, they might not even score a touchdown. I get that he doesn’t want to acknowledge that they got dominated in about every facet of the game, but he shouldn’t be making inferences that they “gave the game away” or that we just play good football yet don’t blow you away with talent on the field.

He and other B12 fans and I guess programs just don’t understand they’ve been playing this Charmin Ultra Soft brand of defense for years. You have Oklahoma dominating the conference with their high octane offenses, and then getting bent over when they had to play teams with dominant defenses out of conference. All because they have SOFT defenses. Grinch was Riley’s DC at Oklahoma prior to SC. That should tell you a lot of what you need to know about the brand of defense this conference plays. I’m not at all trying to sound arrogant as a Utah fan, but, I just get tired of hearing B12 fans talking about how mediocre the PAC was when they clearly have no clue.

Utegator
        Participant

I was always confused when people would say Utah wasn’t ready to face the physical teams of the Big 12. I’m pretty sure the big 12 always had a reputation of poor defenses and all offense.

TruckStopTerrors
          Participant

Yeah, they got out-physicaled all game along with Baylor the last couple years, and yet, this notion that we were somehow going to get bullied was out there prior to this season. They also went with this line about how playing in Eugene is no comparison at all to playing in Stillwater etc. Maybe they should go try playing in Eugene or at Husky Stadium, or hell, the Coliseum. I get it, they have pride in their venues and their fanbases. They should. The problem is that they have no clue what it’s like playing in those other venues year in and out against tough competition. Their notion that the old Pac was some sort of mediocre cake walk of a conference just annoys me. They have no clue.

Red Rhino
      Participant

It’s hard to admit you got out coached. 😆

cicampbe
      Participant

Not a fan. Hate it when people disguise put-downs as compliments.

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

That’s exactly how the presser felt to me. Almost a “we beat ourselves” vibe. You didn’t beat yourselves, Gundy. You lost to a better team. It’s almost as if he went into the game thinking we were overrated, and they would humble us for all the nation, and the B12 schools to see. When in reality, he got the reality check.

UtesRule
      Participant

Honestly, not very impressed with Grundy AT ALL.

He was wrong with so many of the stats he tried to reference, he was all over the place and he sounded like he had every excuse in the book as to why OK ST was the better team who gave the game away.

INCREDIBLY glad Whittingham is our coach and it’s not even close!!

Go Utes…BEAT ZONA!!!

SteelUte
      Participant

Whit has some eccentricities, like his qb issues and injury mystery head games, but he is such a class act compared to Gundy- When Gundy gave Gordon a pass after his DUI and the crap he said about it I could tell he was a football coach, and nothing more. Whit truly cares about these young men and has led this team from the Mtn west days to national relevance.

OldAsDirtUte
      Participant

I am always amazed at Whitt’s understanding of the game, and his command of the details.

Gundy, not so much.

PNW Ute
      Participant

If I were an Ok St fan, the part that would bother me was when he repeatedly said he didn’t think they had a good game plan on offense. The way he made it sound, it wasn’t just something in hindsight after seeing different nuances than they expected, but that from the start he didn’t think it was a good plan.

Like, aren’t you the head coach? If you don’t think your coordinators have a good plan, why aren’t you telling them as they are creating it during the week? Aren’t you sitting in on the meetings? What exactly is your job?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.