Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Gut Feeling

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gut Feeling

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I just have that gut feeling about this team. Usually my gut feeling is pessimistic going in to a season. First time ever I have an optimistic gut feeling. Seems all the pieces have been put together by a master puzzle solver. Experienced QB that is also the team leader. D-line and LB’s combined could be best we’ve had. Offense looks unstoppable and Ludwig is like a kid in a candy shop. Kickers are both good. Depth best ever. I just don’t see any weaknesses. These players all want it and have put in the work. I’m going with gut this year on all in!! Go Utes

ProudUte
      Participant

I support your gut!!!

5 4
      chinngiskhaan
      Participant

Safety, CB, rb, and qb all have the potential to ruin the season.

CB- we should be fine unless we have an injury then we are in a dangerous position. If two go down we are in big trouble.

QB- same as CB, we should be good unless Cam gets hurt, if Wilson gets hurt after him we are in a bad spot.

rb- we may not have anyone capable of getting a yard or two when we need it

Safety- two new starters, so there could be issues there.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Well Chin your gut feeling is the same as mine normally. I think everything will come together this year. This team is focused and guys will step up when needed.

Rick
        Participant

I do worry at corner. Calhoun needs to get healthy and I think we’ll be all right. I was worried about running back but I’m not anymore. Mitchell is going to rise this year and Stanley may as well while Bernard remains a consistent force who does everything well.

I chuckle a little at those of us on the board that worry at this level. I suppose we experience a little fan PTSD after the injuries that just kept coming last year.

chinngiskhaan
          Participant

I’m not worried. I’m not invested enough to be worried. I’m just saying there are POTENTIAL weaknesses on this team, given a few very possible if not likely scenarios.

I think we are going to have a great year, I was just pointing out possible weak points on this team.

Charlie
        Participant

Good grief, top teams have spots they do not want to see an injury. Most teams with great depth are mostly covered not 100% covered with starter level players. Utah and Big 12 teams are not the kind of teams that do not have thin spots behind some starters.

chinngiskhaan
          Participant

And? I do not disagree with anything you just said. I was simply pointing out potential weaknesses. I’m not worried. I’m not predicting anything. Just making an observation based on OP’s comment.

You can go ahead and un-wad your panties now.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I hear you Rick. Injuries have had an effect every year it seems. This team is stacked with athletes and great coaches. Snowden can play corner and will probably start next year at corner. Randle may be a natural who knows.

Utegator
        Participant

seriously, It seems like we always have injuries. Maybe thats true for every team, but I swear we have qb injuries most years. Also weird injuries at RB, like the time Moss messed up his knee getting out of bed. Lets just hope for a healthy year.

Red Rhino
      Participant

At least CB’s are statistically some of the least likely to have injuries.

UtesRule
      Participant

Go Jim’s gut!!

Go Utes!

Sanders
        Participant

Going in with a bully tag… Utes might be predicted to win every game!! Not sure that’s ever happened before.

UteBacker

1) I think every team in the BigXII worries about losing a key contributor (i.e. Avery Johnson at K State or Shedeur Sanders at Colorado). Those teams become very average at those positions if they lose those guys.

2) I also think Utah is a team that has the depth to experience injuries but still be good (even at the QB position).

3) I’m one of those purists that doesn’t love the 12 team playoff. Having only four teams made the regular season a season-long playoff race in my view. I wonder how teams are going to survive all those extra games when one key injury could end their hopes (see Florida State last year).

Red Rhino
      Participant

I cursed us with my comment about cb’s statistically being injured less often.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.