Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Guys, we might as well not show up to Vegas

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Guys, we might as well not show up to Vegas

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

I’ve been trolling YouTube and USC-focused websites and the consensus is pretty much that USC is going to blow out Utah. A lot of these folks think that we lucked out against them but don’t realize that they played at an extremely high level just to stay with us. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t take much success for USC fans to go back to their obnoxious selves. I guess that’s what happens when you have a college team in a huge city.

UofU Fanatic
      Participant

Honestly I am nervous we get blown out on a neutral site.  We have not been a great team on the road.  

That being said, I definitely believe we have a chance to beat them. I sure hope so! At the very least I hope it is a great game and not like the game in Autzen this year. 

They look great and took us a 2 point conversion at our rocking stadium and our TE putting up prolific numbers with 16 receptions for over 200 yards!! Just saying I won’t be shocked either way whether we win comfortably or get shell shocked.  GO UTES!

RedUte14
        Participant

I’d be more shocked if we destroyed them than if we got destroyed.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

I think that many in our fanbase are buying a lot of their hype. I’ve watched every USC PAC 12 game and, quite honestly, their game against us was probably one of their best offensive performances all year. The other thing is that while the Utes have routinely blown out PAC 12 competition this year, the only team that USC has legitimately blown out is Colorado. If you look at their schedule, you can see what I’m talking about and you have to ask yourself why that is. USC should have lost to Oregon State and came within a TD of losing to both California and Zona. I’m getting vibes of 2019 Utah for this USC team and I think that they come a cropper in the CCG. They have also been the recipients of some outrageous good fortune by skipping both Oregon and Washington this season.

tarheelute
      Participant

I watched Coach Whittingham’s press conference, the extent of my YouTube trolling. Some ‘coach-speak’ for sure, but he, and the team, clearly understands USC, and the implications of Friday’s championship.

Utah has nothing to lose, and the pressure is certainly on the Trojans.

No blow-out, and Utah going wins going away, by a touchdown.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.