Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Hans Olsen has some good film breakdown on youtube

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hans Olsen has some good film breakdown on youtube

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Probably one of my favorite plays because it showed back to back red zone attempts succeeding. 

noneyadb
      Participant

This play needs to be in the regular play book with the outside receiver running a pic/rub.

noneyadb
        Participant

nevermind, that’s exactly what they did with Wilson #80.

High Uintas
          Participant

What are the defining characteristics of a legal pick and one that will draw the flag?

noneyadb
            Participant

Has to deal with the receiver turning/looking back to the QB to make a play for the ball. The receiver can’t act as a blocker and intentionally go after the defender, but each Ref has a different interpretation.

Anonymous
            Inactive

It is if you start blocking but if you are just running your route I don’t think it is a pick. They used motion and sort of a rub route on that play so I can see how you might think it is a pick. I think it also needs to be downfield so 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. If the ball is the in air I believe offensive players can begin blocking.

In the PAC12 who knows. Cal could do it all day long last season and Utah does it once and gets flagged. I really don’t think refs know the rule or how to identify it because so many things are happening on every single play. I haven’t seen too many offensive PI’s called this season despite it occurring quite a bit.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.