Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Healthy Rising=Top10 + playoff team, no Rising = LV Bowl

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Healthy Rising=Top10 + playoff team, no Rising = LV Bowl

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      AlohaUte
      Participant

It’s frustrating that so much rides in the shoulders of one person and the Coaches haven’t solved the backup QB issues.

UtMtBiker
      Participant

I know the staff likes Wilson when they speak to the press but what we’ve seen on the field is TERRIBLE. 20 total yards in 2.5 quarters today

RoboUte
      Participant

It’s a culture issue and I’m pretty tired of it. Aside from the fact that we have no backup Qb, that’s really what I’m concerned about.

We’ve never had a backup qb under Whitt. But we used to be tough as nails. It sucks to watch the team fold when Cam goes out with a relatively minor injury. Wtf are we supposed to do when this dude graduates? Just dissolve the program?

Dallas
        Participant

This game was reminiscent of old school Utah teams where Defense and special teams scored more points than the offense.

Our defense was pretty great except for that long touchdown where four guys missed the tackle.

22Ute22
        Participant

Agreed, it’s definitely a coaching (philosophical) or cultural issue. I remember hearing last year that the reason Utah QB’s fail to develop is because we stunt their growth with our no-mistakes QB philosophy. I have no doubt in my mind that it has to be true, especially when your coaches just give up on trying to pass when the starter goes out in. I mean, if you just started driving, how would you feel if your mom/dad always criticized every little thing you did because they are afraid of you crashing? It certainly would not make you a better driver.

RoboUte
          Participant

Preach it!

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

Going conservative with a double digit lead in the 2nd half and an 18 year old freshman quarterback is the right move, and we have the W to prove it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.