Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Help an old guy out …

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Help an old guy out …

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Looks like I will need ESPN+ to watch some Utah football games this season. Is this something that I can add to my Xfinity contract? What do I need to do to get it before the season starts?

Thanks!!!

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Unfortunately, no, it’s an app so you can get it on a fire stick, roku, smart TV, etc. Or you could just use it on a PC, tablet, or cell phone.

homer
        Participant

Can you replay, watch delayed games on ESPN+ ?

UofU Fanatic
          Participant

I have this question too, I thrive on dvr for delayed game watching. Can you record on espn+?

NarfUte
            Participant

You can’t record on ESPN+ but you can “rewind” live events. So you could join at half time and back it up to the beginning of the game etc… Also, after the event the broadcast turns to “on demand” as if you had recorded it – Not sure how long they stay up but it is at least a few weeks

UofU Fanatic
              Participant

The on demand function begin immediately after the game is over? And that includes how long of required ads (and how frequent of ads)?

NarfUte
                Participant

I don’t know if it’s immediate or an hour or what (I think it’s immediate), but I’ve never had an issue being able to watch a game when I’ve needed to. And no extra ads, you just need to skip through the normal commercial breaks as if you’ve DVR’ed the game.

Central Coast Ute
                  Participant

I’m already missing the PAC12 network.

Matt
                    Participant

As a zoob fan, I didn’t think I would like ESPN +, but it has been great. You will only have one football game on it, which will be your fcs opponent, SUU. All your other games will be on one of the following: ESPN ESPN 2, Fox, ABC, FS1.

BYU had a lot of basketball games on espn plus, but the quality was very good for the most part. ByU will probably get more games on major networks this year for basketball with all the big recruits and new coach coming in.

With a smart TV it’s easy to go back and forth between the espn app and cable. Or if you have an older tv, just get a roku stick.

Central Coast Ute
                      Participant

I appreciate your insight, but I have seen ESPN+ and the P12N was much better quality wise, and I didn’t need to get another subscription. It was super easy to get, and I was able to watch any football or basketball game, all with FUBO TV or Sling.

Phatmanandy
      Participant

You can pick up Disney +, Hulu and ESPN + For like $19.99/month. It’s what I have and seems to work out well.

RoboUte
        Participant

I’ve had this bundle for years.

UtesRule
        Participant

Disney+ sucks!! Skip that one.

You can get an ESPN+ stand alone subscription for either $10.99/month or $109.99 for a 1-year subscription.

3 1
          RoboUte
          Participant

The worst service of the three (ESPN, Hulu, Disney) is ESPN+, I wouldn’t dream of paying 2/3rds of the whole price for ESPN+ alone.

Matt
            Participant

If you don’t get espn plus, you will miss 80% of your basketball games. When I first subscribed it was only $5.99, but they keep jacking up the rates.

Still, at 10.99 it’s worth it if you love your team. I just pause it after basketball season and then turn it back on when football starts.

D T
      Participant

It appears as if our only game this year on ESPN+ will be SUU.

Anybody expect any other game to play there as well?

NarfUte
        Participant

So far it’s only SUU, there are 7 other games that could be ESPN+. Hopefully if we’re winning that number stays low

AlohaUte
        Participant

I would think 1/2 of our Big-12 games will be, especially those against lower end B12 teams who aren’t rivals. So, I’d expect the Houston game to be on +, for example.

D T
          Participant

The UH game makes sense.

Do you recall how many zoob games were on + last year?

krindor
            Participant

BYU only had one game last year on ESPN+. Pretty much nobody had more than 3. I would guess we end up with one or maybe two, but it won’t be a regular thing

Matt
          Participant

You guys will only play 1 game on espn plus, and that is SUU. All the big 12 games will be on a major cable channel if not on big FOX or ABC.

ESPN plus is great. You can see just about any game from weber st, suu, Dixie if you are into following local schools.

Don’t miss your team play for 10 bucks a month.

//r00t4Utes
      Participant

Hey, I also switched a few years ago to Xfinity, and the receiver has several built-in apps, one of which is ESPN+ . If your TV doesn’t.

Obviously, you still need to pay/subscribe for it and log in, but I just wanted to point that out so you don’t feel like you have to buy anything else. There’s a few different ways to start or get to the apps, so if you have questions, let me know

I need to change my package now that we don’t need the PAC12 network.

J Rocksville
      Participant

I just run it on my phone and use a chromecast to stream it to my TV. Easy peasy one click.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.