ESPN

Here we go – 2023 all over again

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here we go – 2023 all over again

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      7 2
      ProudUte
      Participant

There are all kinds of tweets this morning including Bartle and Thamel saying Rising is a game-time decision. If this is really true, the coaches must think that Cam’s finger injury makes him possibly less effective than Wilson.

This is just a football game, and there are many more important things in life. However, this is getting tiresome. I am just about to the point that we just play and develop Wilson. I am not there yet, but I am getting close. If Cam is this fragile, we may need to move on. (I love Cam Rising and what he did for this team in 2021-2022, but he is not more important than the future of the program.)

Regardless, I am going to try to enjoy the game – watching this team give it their all.

Go Utes!!!

NorthernUte
      Participant

I’m just trying to tell myself that it’s all lies and Cam has really practiced all week. Just hoping that it’s Whitt trying to throw OSU off the scent lol

5 2
      Uteanooga
      Participant

Dude- this is not like 2023. Cam’s knee injury was horrific and recovery from such massive surgical reconstruction is neither quick nor predictable.

Cam’s hand injury is due to a cheap shot being thrown out of bounds against infrastructure. This has nothing to do with being fragile. Wilson, or you, or whomever would sustain the same injury being thrown against a solid object. No one has tough finger joints impervious to dislocation or tough skin that does not lacerate.

admiralute
        Participant

Cam should have just ran out of bounds without trying to throw the ball away. That would have been the smart play instead of leaving himself completely vulnerable as he’s about to get hit. Then…we wouldn’t be in this situation in the first place.

DataUte
      Participant

Definitely some gamesmanship. Gundy said they were preparing for both but thought IW would play (again, truth or lie?). PTSD from last year, but Cam is ‘too competitive’ but likely will have a little compromised grip with the finger on his throwing hand. Might have to see the strength of his throws and accuracy in pregame for them to feel.comfortable with 80% Cam vs IW on the road

ALUF
      Participant

So damn sick of this

1 1
        UTUTE
        Participant

Fox sports radio just said Rising is out.
        Didn’t say what that was based on

Utah#1
        Participant

This just tells me and other opponents that Utah is only as good as which QB starts the game or which QB plays the majority of the game. Whitt knows this and tries his best to keep everyone in the dark with hope it will give him a slight edge to hopefully win. This is not good coaching if you’re trying to throw your opponent off by using this strategy. To me, your opponent already knows that and is prepping for anything, but Utah doesn’t adjust to their opponents’ strategic moves very well.

Yergensen
      Participant

The only thing Cam can be faulted for is running and not sliding or not throwing the ball away.

The reality is shredded knees take over a year to heal and apparently this finger laceration takes more than a couple weeks.

Don’t put this on Cam, don’t question his toughness when he has given all to this program.

Whitt’s gamesmanship is the source of 2023 and what is going on currently. Put this on the CEO, not a 20 something year old kid.

ProudUte
        Participant

I don’t put it on Cam. But, there is some PTSD most Ute fans are suffering from the 2023 season.

1 3
          Yergensen
          Participant

You did put it on Cam Proud. You questioned his toughness.

This coming from you who said he would never trust Whitt with communication again.

Stop putting 2023 and now 2024 on a student athlete. Student athletes aren’t running the show.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Cam Rising doesn’t get hurt on that play if he doesn’t run. Throw the ball away plain and simple. How has that not been his plan B for this season?

You said it better two weeks ago. If Rising doesn’t try to do to much with a 3 TD lead, he and the team are not in this position. again.

UteThunder
        Participant

25 years old.

Completed undergrad and probably grad school.

Makes over a million dollars a year.

Cam Rising is NOT a kid.

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

Here’s bit of a rant but fk it

Primary closure of finger lacerations using sutures takes between 7 and 11 days. Not saying there can’t be some setbacks and lingering effects, but 14 days is long enough to be considered healed for an injury like this — especially with the advanced medical staff he has access to. Cam has been, by far, the highest paid player on the team in 23 and 24, and hasn’t played in both halves of a game since 22. This is the biggest conference game of the season and could easily determine who makes it to Arlington. If he voluntarily sits this out, I think it’s fair to question some things.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

He also dislocated his finger. It could be too sore for him to throw the ball well.
        I do agree on all points of your post, though. Especially considering NIL.

Yergensen
        Participant

Nobody outside the program knows the extent of the injury or Cam’s effectiveness in throwing the ball. Given Cam’s efforts to play at less than 100% throughout his career, if he doesn’t play today it’s because he can’t be effective throwing the ball. That’s it.

Any disinformation bullsh!t you can put squarely on the CEO of this outfit. It’s his MO, always has been and always will be.

Roy Rangum
      Participant

I just heard the same thing from a friend with ties to the program. I don’t think this is gamesmanship, it’s a legitimate question as to if cam will play, and or if cam plays will he be 100%.

RoboUte
      Participant

I’m all out of give-a-s**t for Cam’s readiness to play. This is the University of Utah, not the University of Cam Rising and it’s a joke to care about nothing but one guy every day for years on end. A football program can’t survive like that and it’s time to move on.

If he can play, great. If he can’t, let’s get back to being an entire football program and not a celebrity tabloid forum for one guy.

Rick
      Participant

2023 all over again?

Every year is different. This one already is different – a loaded offense with a freshman quarterback who is showing potential and improving each time he steps onto the field. That will need to happen again if Cam does not play.

I’m actually for sitting Cam again if his hand isn’t quite there. Get the hand at or close to 100% and kick the snot out of Arizona next week.

The Utes are going to be all right. I think they’ll be in terrific form by mid-season and one of the strongest teams in the country by the last third. That’s just where we’d want them.

Ute Dub
      Participant

“Well alright. It was a jump to conclusions matt. You see, it would be this matt, that you would put on the floor. And there would be all of these conclusions written on it that you could jump to.”

Dallas
      Participant

We are such suckers.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.