Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

How do you deal with the commercials while watching the game?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How do you deal with the commercials while watching the game?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Uteanooga
      Participant

Obviously I would rather be at all the games in person but that is just not in the cards.

The commercials have become a bit oppressive. I can’t imagine anyone liking them. So what do you do?

Hulu will not let me record the game and fast forward through them. I guess they are smart enough to know that no one wants to spend time watching them.

Last night I turned the volume off and worked out during the breaks. It made for a good experience and I got my work in. That pretty much wrecks making the game at home a social event though. I don’t think I’ll get my wife on board with intermittent lifting/watching.

So let’s hear it- what do you do? And if there is someone here that likes watching the same commercial 40 times a night please speak up.

5 2
      HoosierUte
      Participant

How do I deal with the commercials? Have you not watched tv before? Commercials pay the bills and allow the game to be broadcast. I sit through them and text my brother about the game. I strongly prefer to watch Ute broadcasts live. Commercials are part of it, and it’s no big deal.

Uteanooga
        Participant

You are a solid citizen and have my vote.

Just out of curiosity do you purchase all of the products advertised during the game?

As for me- I find watching commercials somewhat less enjoyable than the rest of my life.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Normally, I just mute them, use the bathroom, get snacks, check scores from other games, etc. Last night, I washed the dishes and then came back when they were over.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Cell phone.

UtesRock
      Participant

I’ll turn the volume off and talk to whoever I’m watching the game with about the players’ coaching, etc.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I mute the obnoxious audio and post on Ute Hub, maybe code some stuff. Get some food. Hit the head.

Dallas
      Participant

For various reasons I end of starting the game after it’s been going awhile and most services allow me to skip the commercials when I’m catching up.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

yeah, Hulu doesn’t allow that. I paid for the no-ads option and still had to watch them so cancelled. I could understand it on live viewing, but when you can’t get past them on the DVR what’s the point?

beaslad
          Participant

I hate Hulu with a passion. So many reasons: what you said, the inability to start recording early or late in case something runs long, DVR frequently recording only sounds with a black screen, etc., etc., etc., Leaving Xfinity for it was a terrible choice.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.