Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

How I used my Utah fandom to get a job

Beat Arizona Forums Misc How I used my Utah fandom to get a job

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

A number of years ago I was applying for a fairly prestigious job. I was included (with two other people) in the final interviews. There was a group of four people doing the interview. The two who would ultimately make the decision were diehard BYU fans. The HR Director who was present in the interview, was a Ute fan.

At the end of a fairly long and serious interview – they asked one last question, “Why did you decide to apply for this job?” (They knew that I initially had not applied.)

I decided that the interview was way too serious and I decided to add a little levity. My response to the question was, “I have assessed the makeup of the executive group and there are many more BYU fans than Utah fans. I felt that there needed to be some balance.”

The one who asked the question (a BYU fan), laughed and said, “That was bold!” The HR Director pumped his fist and said, “Yeah!!!”

Two weeks later, I was offered the job.

MDUte
      Participant

OMG I LOVE THIS STORY!!!! Thanks for sharing it Proud…in my book you’re a living legend on UteHub!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.