Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Huntley

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      UteFanatic
      Participant

Man, I am nervous about this! Williams wasn’t all world last year, but he did lead us to 9 games and showed really well at times.

I can’t help but think that Huntley was chosen because our o-line is suspect this year. The coaches know that his escapeability will mitigate some of the o-line risk.

Cautiously optimistic but feel very bad for Troy Williams. He’s a senior, was voted captain, started in all games last year, and lost the job to a sophomore.

RedLine
      Participant

Yeah, can’t say I don’t feel bad for Williams.  He gives it all every play. 

PlainsUte
      Participant

I think Williams was pretty good last year, and that was playing injured for a good chunk of the season.   If Huntley is better, that means we have two good QBs, and perhaps Huntley’s ceiling is even higher than the best of what we saw from Williams last year!!

Also this decision reaffirms that every starting position is open for fair competition, without pre-judgement based on last season – or whatever -, which should motivate everyone to excel every day in practice and every game.

UtMtBiker
      Participant

I see a lot of people saying that this choice was because our offensive line is “suspect”. It was “suspect” last year and the year before that. The coaches selected why they thought was the best QB. If they assumed that offensive line was going to struggle then Williams actually would have been the better pick. More experience to get the ball out of his hand quicker. If you think that having a scrambling QB is going to benefit you because your offensive line is so terrible you have made a big mistake. Our coaching staff is too smart for that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.