Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

I am hearing positive rumors about Jerome Myles

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am hearing positive rumors about Jerome Myles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I am hearing (nothing official) that Jerome Myles is a Utah lean at this point.

He would be an amazing get if he decides to play for the Utes. I hope Isaac Wilson is working on him.

ThurstonW
      Participant

He has a Michigan visit scheduled for the end of July. Probably boils down to how much $$$ they are willing to throw at him.

UtesRule
        Participant

Not specific to Myles, or any one player, but in interviews from BigXII Media Days Coach Whitt and Harlan sounded very confident in Utah’s NIL abilities / situation.

NarfUte
          Participant

Harlan is also the first Big-12 AD to publicly say Utah is going to support revenue sharing to the max allowed:

“We are all-in on wherever the settlement falls. We certainly have a straw man of what it’s going to look like, but until it’s ratified … but we’re all-in, we’ve been preparing for that. We’re blessed to have an incredible fan base, donors, corporate program. We’ll get there and we plan on carrying our sports,”

Tyler Henry
        Participant

Michigan has a history of being VERY underwhelming in terms of recruiting. Hopefully Utah pulls it off!

Ben
      Participant

Chisme has inferred some things on Twitter/X that Myles is a Ute. I’m assuming we may be back to the silent pledge territory again. I’m sure he still wants to see the offense this year, and compare NIL deals.

OnlyU will have the best insight.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

All the smoke around Myles is good to see. However, I can’t get excited about a kid until he plays. Who knows what his mindset will be from day to day. I had high hopes for Mikey Matthews, too, but now he’s gone after one season. They need to make these guys employees of the university and put them under contract as quickly as possible. We all know that’s where it’s headed anyway.

2 2
        Tyler Henry
        Participant

I wouldn’t compare Mikey and Jerome. Mikey was a Three-Star guy, Jerome being a consensus top 100 guy, and for some a Five-Star. Jerome would be a HOME RUN for Utah!

3 1
          Central Coast Ute
          Participant

I’m not sure if you read my comment, but I never compared their athletic abilities. The fact that Myles is a five-star, and Matthews is a three star, is even more reason to believe that he can receive bigger promises and be offered more money to go somewhere else.

Grayshirt
            Participant

I hope that IF we happen to lose the recruiting battle with Myles, it won’t be because of NIL. This should be a top priority for the CC and the U with local kids. Local kids get priority NIL.

MDUte
              Participant

Feel the same way. No doubt Myles’ NIL value is super high as a 5* (I’ve been told 5* WRs go for $2M in NIL). But this would mean a lot more than just bringing in a highly talented WR…this would be a milestone recruiting win for the program. And the fact that Myles is an instate kid puts Utah in the drivers seat to punch this one across the goal line. Hopefully the CC and donors are all in on this one.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.