Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

I am not a big fan of Checketts on ESPN 700

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums They So Poo Poo I am not a big fan of Checketts on ESPN 700

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

But, I had a few minutes today and when I turned his show on he said, “BYU fans are the kings of the hypothetical.  Many believe they won last year.  They did not play, so NO BYU did not win and it’s unlikely they will win in 2021.”  One thing Checketts does do – is say what he feels without apology.  This time, I agree with him.

Last fall I ran into a diehard BYU fan at Yellowstone.  When he learned that I was a Utah fan he proceeded to tell me that I was lucky that Utah didn’t play BYU in 2020 because we would have been destroyed.  I simply asked, “How do you know that?” and followed up with, “I believe we have not lost to BYU in over a decade.”  He started to get upset and his wife quickly pulled him away.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Engaging them never is a good idea.  Just tell them to keep on heading for the creamery or chuck-a-rama and mind their own business. 

Charlie
      Participant

Checketts, unlike so many local talking heads, is not so much a Y fan. My issue is wanting more Utah football / basketball time on the ‘drive’.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Why does every sports show have to be called “The Drive?”

CincyUte
      Participant

I like Checkett’s show.  I think he has a good persona for sports radio.  However, I have zero interest in the Jazz or the NBA and that is his go-to topic.  But I get it.  The Jazz are king around here when they’re playing good.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.