Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

I bet Cam doesn’t play this week

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I bet Cam doesn’t play this week

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ram Cising
      Participant

Just thinking about it. If the Utes don’t play Cam this Saturday, he will effectively have 3 more weeks from now to heal up before ASU. We’ve proven we can win games with Isaac, why not give Cam more time to heal?

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Yes this has been my theory as well.

fosternano
      Participant

Agreed, keep him in reserve, let Wilson win through the run game and defense and have a healthy Cam in 3 weeks.

Tednab
        Participant

Offense needs to produce more than 22 points

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

At home. Wilson getting full QB1 reps in practice. Dark mode. I think we can score more than 22.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

The way the Utes controlled the clock 22 was more than enough.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Until Cam comes out on the field, I’m calling Wilson QB1.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

If he’s less that 99% I don’t see why he would start.

Trailgoat
      Participant

Man, I think Rising needs more game reps before the tough last quarter of the schedule. CR looked rusty in the last 15 minutes before getting injured in the Baylor game. Wild guess Rising plays a few series.

Huge benefit is longer recovery time for Reid and O’toole to heal up going into the rougher back end of the schedule. Utes beat up UofA they get ASU on the road, TCU at home, UH in Houston. Sure ain’t the old P12 is it? Gilman had some Vaki moments in the OSU game, he is shaping up to be another Scalley next level Safety.

HATUman
        Participant

Tough? Do you realize we’re in the Big 12 now?

AlohaUte
        Participant

This. While I don’t think the tough part of the schedule is after the bye, (it’s right now), Rising needs reps and 90% Rising is still way better than 100% Wilson.

concerned
        Participant

I thought Rising looked rusty as well. Had some bad throws, missed timing, held the ball too long, couldnt find receivers.

enigami344
      Participant

ha when everyone thinks Cam doesn’t play thats when he will play

22Ute22
      Participant

I think he will play, but Whitt and Ludwig will limit what he does. For example, I expect us to run the ball on 65% of plays. I also expect quick passes or deep dropbacks with a TE for extra pass protection.

However, he would ideally not play if that is what is going to happen. I’d rather take a fully healthy Isaac Wilson over a non-100% and limited Cam Rising.

MotherJabubu
      Participant

we need Rising back. This team cannot run the table by relying on defense and running the ball. Wilson is obviously improving every week but he still isn’t where we need him to be.

AZUTE
      Participant

I can almost guarantee he doesn’t play on Saturday.

Typical recover time for a dislocated finger is 6 weeks. ASU game will be 5 so we’ll see maybe he plays at home vs TCU

I think we can drop the facade it was just a bad cut.

22Ute22
        Participant

I think he will definitely be back by ASU at near 100% or 100% provided there are no setbacks. I’d say 50/50 chance he plays against Zona.

Ghost of the HEB
        Participant

Wasn’t dislocated

Everet
          Participant

Any nuggets you can provide?

Ghost of the HEB
            Participant

Monday & Tuesday practice indicates IW is the guy this week. But last Monday & Tuesday Cam took all 1 reps and seemed fully on track to play. So you really don’t know until the offense enters the game.

Red Rhino
      Participant

If Isaac plays, he can’t redshirt this year.

DataUte
        Participant

QB2s shouldn’t redshirt, even if Freshman. He’s played in 12 full quarters + 2 partials (end of 2Q). Cam has played 2 full quarters and 2 partial quarters (most of 2 2Q). We need them both. Rose apparently must be slow if he can’t pick up the playbook in 2 years. Huard is new, so he gets a pass as he claims to be the best practice team qb in the nation.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Who cares if he redshirts at this point. He is our top QB until Cam returns. Redshirt year ended when Cam went out. Too bad that was probably the plan going in to the season.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.