I don’t know…

Viewing 6 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

If Huntley is starting Saturday but I’m curious to how Ute fans will react if he loses a couple of games? Will Ute fans ‘dump’ on him like they have with Williams and even Wilson before him? Are they going to call for his back up to come in and I’m not necessarily talking about this season. Any thoughts out there?

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No it usually takes me like 8-9 games of mediocrity to dump on a player. I know what Williams gives Utah. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice setup question.  Whether or not Huntley plays the rest of the season we are likely to lose 1-2 more games, or more.  He will make mistakes and so will Williams. But will he have better decision making, better pocket awareness, find open receivers, and be a better dual-threat player? Probably.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

We know what Williams gives this team. Huntley is a true sophmore and should have a longer leash. Since he is coming back from injury, unless he looks like Jordan Wynn circa 2010 then I can’t see too many people wanting Williams back. 

2 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think Utah fans would dump on him if he doesn’t improve at all from Soph to Junior year. 

The dumping on Williams is justified IMO  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Even if he doesn’t improve he’s still better. He had two 300+ yard games in a row, which hand’t been done since 2008.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well to be fair Williams put up 296 against ASU last season in Tempe. That was pretty close. I think ASU was his best game sans the turnovers. 

UM4G
          Ute Fan
          @um4g

I read somewhere a while back, that statistically QB’s make their biggest improvement from year 1 to year 2, after that the jump in improvement isn’t as large. That’s not to say that they stop improving altogether. So theoretically, early next year we’ll get a real good idea of what we can expect from Huntley his JR year and hopefully SR year.

I agree with Xanthis, Huntley should get a longer leash due to lack of experience. As you said, we already know what we’ve got with Williams.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I agree with what Xanthis is saying.  But let’s face it, there is a certain part of Ute Fandom that is going to bitch about something until we have another undefeated season, and even then I wouldn’t bet against them.  They’ll find something.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

If Utah had another undefeated season some fans would be upset Utah didn’t win by 30 points every game. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

As much as I want to see Huntley back out on the field as early as possible, I also don’t want the coaches to repeat the mistakes of the past (Jordan Wynn) and bring him back too early and have him get hurt again.

My guess is that Huntley is chomping at the bit to get back, I hope he has people around him telling him not to rush it if he isn’t 100%.

I’m really glad I don’t have to make that decision as a coach.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

At the first interception he should be drawn and quartered in front of all the fans! No room for the weak!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t know…