Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

I feel bad for Oregon State and Washington State

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 I feel bad for Oregon State and Washington State

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

They did not deserve to be left out in the dark. I just looked at their football schedules for 2024. Both teams have MWC schedules without being part of the conference.

I am happy that Utah landed on its feet. But WSU and OSU deserved better IMO.

Go Utes!!!

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

My prediction is they end up in the B12

PhiladelphiaUte
        Participant

Don’t count out the ACC. If FSU and Clemson leave, there’s potential for Cal & Stanford advocating for some western teams to backfill their departures. And with the Big 12 already at 16, I’m not sure those 2 remaining Pac-12 teams would add enough value to a league who’d already been watered down enough by adding a quartet of weak SOS midmajors.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

Very possible. I think when FSU, Clemson, UNC, VA, etc. leave the ACC, the B12 adds Louisville and Pittsburg along with a couple others. Not sure there will be an ACC left afterwards. Wilner seems to think Stanford and Cal will join the B1G. Not sure how he figures that.

2 3
      Utah
      Participant

Eh. I don’t care. They were in the P12 for decades and took money and were cool with us being left out. Oregon State was one of Larry Scott’s biggest defenders.

Maybe next time they have more money than most programs they will bus something that other conferences want.

Kinda like we did.

HoosierUte
        Participant

This is an interesting take. I don’t hate it.

UteThunder
        Participant

Did we not just spend over a decade in the Pac-12 taking money and being cool with other school’s being left out? Will we not continue to do the same thing in the BigXII?

Them being left out of the B1G, ACC, and BigXII had very little to do with what they are and almost everything to do with where they are.

1 1
          Utah
          Participant

Yeah, we did. And it sucks being left out of the P2. Even more reason I don’t care if OSU and WSU are left out.

You can’t save everyone.

And what did we do in the 10 years we were in the PAC-12? Year 1: third place. Year 2: next to last place in the south. Year 3: Next to last in the south. Year 4: next to last in the south. We then went to four the of the last five non-COVID PAC-12 title games, winning two of them.

We did s**t. We got better. We made the conference money. OSU and WSU would have been relegated 100 times over in a relegation system. Asking me to feel bad for them is like asking me to feel bad if Rutgers or Vanderbilt got left out.

I don’t care. They were everything that is wrong with the system and they finally got what they should have gotten: relegated.

Next time, do better. But I don’t fell bad for them. They had their time in the sun and they loafed around. Oh well. Welcome to the MWC.

Utah
          Participant

And WSU’s has a HUGE segment of Seattle. Yes, WSU is in Idaho. BUT they have a massive fanbase in Seattle and up and down the west coast. They have every opportunity to take advantage of a huge market and a fertile recruiting base.

And they didn’t. Well, maybe they did once or twice with Drew Bledsoe and Ryan Leaf.

Like I said, do better. They had more opportunity to do well than 90% of college football and they just didn’t. So they got relegated.

Oh well. Life goes on. Time to go prove to the Big 12 that we are better than they are. That we work harder than they do. That their little southern fantasy land that they have lived in, while they all sucked off the Texas/OU teat, is just that: a fantasy.

And we need to do that so we don’t end up where WSU and OSU are: relegated.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Participant

Correct you are Utah. What really rubbed me wrong with those two schools was, whenever a Pac-12 team lost to an FCS school, it was usually them.

Zigziggler
      Participant

We need a dude! It appears we have a bunch of complimentary players. Jaylen Wells from WA State is still available. Go get him!

UteNamedOg
      Participant

Agreed. VERY nice fanbases whose programs both had winners of the “Thank f*ck we never have to play that guy again” award

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.