Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

I hear Cam will dress but not start

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hear Cam will dress but not start

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I have heard from a couple of sources that Cam is not practicing this week, so his finger can fully heal. But, that does not mean that he won’t dress. One source said they have a few plays in the gameplan for Cam if Wilson is struggling. However, the intent is to NOT have him play.

If you are looking for style points – you will likely be disappointed. Whitt wants to go to Logan, play great defense, and get out of there with a win. I suspect if we get up by 17-21 points, he will become ultraconservative.

I really hope that Wilson has a solid game. It will give us all more confidence if we feel we have a backup who can deliver.

cj13
      Participant

Am I tripping? Deion Sanders just tweeted about Cam and hoping he gets well. Did something else happen to Cam?

Coach Prime

UTEopia
        Participant

Some troll tweetedthat Cams finger is infected with tetanus.

UTEopia
        Participant

Some troll tweetedthat Cams finger is infected with tetanus.

Ghost of the HEB
        Participant

That troll post about tetanus has gotten crazy traction.

The Wandering Ute
      Participant

I would hope the opposite if we get up by 17-21 points. I’d hope we’d feel comfortable enough then to let Wilson continue working on some things and give him more experience on some more aggressive plays. Up like that, we could afford a turnover or two and still win comfortably.

ProudUte
        Participant

I don’t disagree, but that’s not Whitt’s style. He knows with his defense and a 17 point lead, if the offense does not give up the ball – he Utes will win.

RedRocks
          Participant

Yes…. and I hate it.

This isn’t always the case, but the Utah State game seems like it will be one of these cases (hope I am wrong).

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Did anyone else catch Cams interview on ESPN 700 today. It caught me by surprise when he said he was ready to play. Whitt has him trained. I still haven’t heard any information on how bad his injury is or specifically what it is.

Sounds like dressing him and using him if he is needed is the best option. If it is a laceration as some have mentioned another week should help it heal.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Cam is the last person I would ask if he was going to play.

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

Like I said Whitt has him trained. The saga lives on. He knows if he is starting or not by now. The Aggies are more worried about who their QB will be.

tanute3
        Participant

Correct, we’re just awaiting the approval of a certain doctor in LA and Cam will be good to go 😉

3 1
      HPrete22
      Participant

utah football is tiring to keep up with 😂 if only cam wasn’t so fragile

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.