Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

I hope Wazzu makes a NY6 bowl

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hope Wazzu makes a NY6 bowl

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      alharmon

For Wazzu to make a NY6 bowl they’ll have to move up at least 1 spot to #12 or higher. Currently, the rankings stand like this:

9. Florida (9-3) with an 11 point loss at home to current #15 Kentucky, 19 point loss @ current #4 Georgia, and 21 point loss at home to current #24 Missouri. Best wins: Miss St and LSU

10. LSU (9-3) with an 8 point loss at Florida, 29 point loss at home to Alabama, and 2 point loss at Texas A&M in 7 OT. Best wins: Georgia, Mississippi State

11. Washington (10-3) PAC-12 champs, should move up.

12. Penn State (9-3) with a 1 point loss to Ohio State, 4 point loss to Michigan State, and 35 point loss @ Michigan. Best win: Iowa?

13. Washington State (10-2) with a 3 point loss @ USC, and if PAC-12 refs call Porter Gustin for targeting Washington State is set up 1st and 10 WELL into field goal range with about a minute left. Second loss came at home to Washington (PAC-12 champs) in a BLIZZARD. Best wins: Utah, Oregon, Stanford 

3 3 loss teams are above Wazzu right now (excluding Washington) and its very much open for debate but I believe Washington State should move up at least 1 spot! The SEC bias in these rankings is UNREAL. Of course everyone else in the PAC-12 would move up 1 bowl spot if Wazzu goes to NY6 (Holiday or better for Utah), but I really think they deserve a spot in a NY6 bowl game. Hopefully the committee can get their crap together tommorow when they release the final rankings. 

Puget Ute
      Participant

Washington State’s field goal range is within the 15 yard line. And even that isn’t a guarantee. (Kidding, mostly, and they  were completely jobbed by that call and by the ref debacle).

RUUTES
      Participant

Please yes it makes a lot of difference in our chances for sure.

SkinyUte
      Participant

Don’t forget about UCF. If they lose today (which is a distinct possibility, after they lost their stud QB), they might drop out of the top 12 as well since their SOD is 94th.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Texas winning doesn’t help Wazzu either. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Oklahoma winning does help. Texas can’t claim a spot with 4 losses. 

They won’t get there. None of the teams ahead of them who needed to lose lost. Wazzu is probably headed to the Alamo Bowl, which would put Utah in the Holiday Bowl, Stanford in the Redbox Bowl, Oregon in the Sun Bowl, Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl, and California in the Cheez-It Bowl. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.