Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

I just read that Florida hasn’t played an OOC road game since ’91

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I just read that Florida hasn’t played an OOC road game since ’91

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chinngiskhaan
      Participant

WTF?

No wonder the SEC always looks so great. Other P5 conferences should have been doing this right along with them. It’s wins that matter most, not who you play. If you get more wins, your conference looks better, and then people think the teams you are playing are better than they really are. Before you know it, you have benefitted from this illusion to the point that your teams actually are better than most.

alexsmith
      Participant

Outside of the state of Florida (because they’ve played FSU, UCF, etc.), this is correct. To be fair, not all SEC teams are doing this, but why not jump on that bandwagon!

fosternano
      Participant

The general trend is if you’re a top dwelling SEC team you might play one P5 school on neutral ground or at home.

The other 3 games are against division 4 St. Mary’s school for the blind and scattered throughout the year to be used similar as bye games.

I wish the SEC would crack down on when out of conference games can be played and the level of competition.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Florida hasn’t played an away game in the Mountain or West Coast time zone since 1983, when they played USC in the Coliseum. Ponder that for a moment.

D T
        Participant

They haven’t left the southeastern footprint since ‘91….Unbelievable.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.