I suppose this is a good time to gloat

Viewing 8 reply threads
      4 15

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Rising: I said a month ago (at least) that we maybe should have not brought him back. I got absolutely crucified for it… and look where we are now. Does anyone still disagree?

Pittman and other WRs: Pittman wasn’t a WR1 when healthy, and he still isn’t now. I said he wasn’t when he signed on. I said we absolutely needed a deep threat. I was mocked and belittled likely more than anyone in the history of this site simply because I disagreed with OnlyU. I saw Pittman’s injury history and his lack of production and (correctly) predicted he wouldn’t be the guy we needed. Looks like I won’t be changing my screen name any time soon. The inability of this staff to recruit WRs who know how to catch a football is just as bad as the inability of our coaches to recruit a QB who knows how to throw.

I’m not claiming this season is a loss. This is not a woe-is-me post. I believe the offense would have been good if healthy, and the defense would have been all-time good. I love Whitt, Ludwig, Scalley, Harding… All the proven guys and Ellis have been great.

BTW: How awesome is Ellis (the player)? So so so good.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Generally speaking if a QB wins you two conference championships, and you don’t have a 5 star QB coming in to challenge, you welcome him back.

5 6

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Generally speaking, athletes don’t perform anywhere near 100% until more than a year after ACL injuries.

1 11

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

But he’s not coming back. Never was. Only the foolish thought hed be the same in 2023. It’ll be week 7 until he trots out and STILL that crowd is unwilling to believe they f**ked up.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

It’s still one game .. a very ugly game … but we still have half the season left . So let’s see how this plays out

3 9

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

dude you were telling people that cam wouldnt be recovered for game 1 back in June and you fcukin gargled on downvotes for it.

You tell the truth on your opinion about pittman. Though to be fair he, like the rest of our team, is injured.

I said cam shouldnt come back last december in a hypothetical discussion about him returning before he was ever injured. so I’m right there with you.

You deserve to cash in I told you sos after this one. talk your s**t.

2 5

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Pittman is hurt, but it was clear that he wasn’t going to change anything with our WRs. He was Cam’s buddy and OnlyU said he was great so I was automatically the worst fan ever. Who knows what happens next year, but I never said anything about that. We needed WR help immediately, and we chose to go after an abuser and a chronically injured underachiever with a good last name.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

I admire your tenactiy. never let them get you down

10 1

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

you have not been mocked or belittled more than anyone in the site.
      you love to play victim man. it’s odd.

1 3

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

dystopian/pace has that honor. And he only deserved about half of it lol.

1 7

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

127 downvotes in one thread for disagreeing with OnlyU. I dare you to find a thread where someone has received more downvotes. Also, keep in mind this was in MAY when NOBODY is around here. If I had done the same thing during football season the downvotes would have been tripled.

I’m not playing the victim, I’m playing the guy who was right… Because I was right.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

I saw it unfold. No one will own up to being those thumbs either.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

You got some ups also. Those are the one’s that count when you don’t tow the company line.

1 5

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Speaking as an almost 60 year old man, it’s never a good time to gloat. Those that downvoted you will always know that you were right and they were wrong without you mentioning it.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

It’s kinda fun, and it numbs the pain of the loss = worth it.

1 3

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

I disagree. If you’re confident enough in your opinion to trash another dude for it cool. If that dude ends up being right eat your crow like a man instead of cowering in anonymity. What happened to integrity? Is being wrong about 1 specific thing on a sports team so shameful that an ego must be spared the insult of it?

If I’m wrong come back 4 months later and tell me, see if I have the integrity to own my words. I will. And I won’t buy that letting cowards slide is the high road. I think the world would be a better place with a little damn honesty. We’d sure all be a bit more resilient for it because we’re all proven wrong often enough.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

One game does not make you right.

If Cam comes back by USC and is playing well, then you will have been proven wrong.

If Cam never plays for Utah again, then yes, you would have made a fine point, but that doesn’t mean it was the wrong choice to stick with Cam either. The primary thing that would have changed if Cam didn’t come back, is that perhaps we could have landed a good QB transfer from the portal.

As nobody knows the future and you sometimes have to roll the dice, I personally would rather roll the dice on a known commodity like Cam, than roll the dice on trying to strike lightning from the transfer portal. But that’s just me.

1 3

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Uh the dude said Cam wouldn’t be back for game 1 the him being wrong ship sailed. The opinion as to whether he should or should not have been brought back is going to be a coin flip AT BEST at this point barring an actual miracle. And is also still just an opinion.

And you’d rather go with the known commodity, he agrees. He knew Cam had a realistic recovery period. Which is about the least controversial thing i can imagine. If you know Cam takes a the amount of time a human takes to heal their ACL then the known fact is that the dudes going to out for a good long while. It’s weird that so many didn’t know this very known thing. Knowning that Cam is human you go get a transfer. Simple as. Those who said the transfer option was the right play (and I wasn’t one of them I wanted the underclassmen) have already been proven right. If you think this was our last mediocre offensive showing it’s going to be a long long year for you.

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

Roboute:

I was indeed one of the few people who was calling for us to go out and get a QB from the transfer portal (which OnlyU confirmed the staff was trying to do). And I’m glad they tried, but am not surprised they were unsuccessful because Cams presence is absolutely a significant deterrent for a potential transfer. Doesn’t mean it was wrong to stick with Cam either though.

Did I catch a little flack for suggesting that? Sure. That’s how life and message boards go. But this schtick of alternating between claiming victimization one moment to then gloating over everyone else the next is honestly just not that fun to read. People come here to get insights, interact with other fans, and have fun. While I think a little antagonism and debate help improve the board, incessant comments along the lines of “I told you so” and “prove me wrong” are just not that fun to read.

Utegator
      Ute Fan
      @utegator

I think you shouldn’t care so much about downvotes.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Your Rising take is wrong… I will explain though, Unless Whitt gave Rising the boot (how do you expect Whit to do that after 2 straight RB appearances), no Grad QB was coming here. His ACL was not that bad in the sense of timelines. It was a calculated risk. Yes, I understand that we were one bad knee away from this situation that we are already in. But with our D, Whit just wanted a game manager until CR came back.

You are 100 percent correct on the WR’s. I was excited about Pittman. But he has shown nothing, simmons has been worthless, cope can’t see the field. we are so bad at WR. Kuithe will need play another down. fine.

I still think we will be ok but it all does depend on Rising.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I suppose this is a good time to gloat