Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

I understand why my doom and gloom post about the defense earned a lot of

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I understand why my doom and gloom post about the defense earned a lot of

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rbmw263
      Participant

Downvotes. On a related note to the post, offensive ranks (per F+) for the offenses I referenced in the post:

UCLA – 13

USC – 12

Oregon – 7

Feeling validated by being the most concerned about Oregon. In any event, some very tough tests. We will learn a lot about how good our defense really is in these games

rbmw263
      Participant

Our offense comes in at 11. Like I said before, we can still win these games, it will probably be a shootout. Despite how overrated I think they may be, I do believe that our defense is at least as good as any of those 3 teams.

Offense HAS to show up though.

RedUte14
        Participant

Feels like a coin flip for the oregon game. Wish it was at home

rbmw263
          Participant

UCLA is a coin flip. USC will be a slight Utah lean. Utah will be an underdog in Oregon IMO

SorryWife
      Participant

Your points are very valid. Another thing to consider. Which is the sos of games played so far, per ESPN:

Utah: 87

UCLA: 119

USC: 103

Oregon: 13

USC and UCLA have yet to really be challenged. I’d argue we are one tier above and have been challenged more than them with an opener in SEC land. I think we win these two games.

Oregon on the other hand. They got the opportunity to play against the best team in the nation imo. Doesn’t help their head coach was part of that same team last year. And we are on the road. If we are going to drop another game this year, it’s going to be this one. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.