Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

I wonder how practices have been going this week

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I wonder how practices have been going this week

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Haven’t heard anything.

SUUte
      Participant

Per Whittingham and Bernard they’ve had a great week. Upbeat and positive.

RedRocks
        Participant

I can’t bring myself to believe anything like this from Whittingham anymore… The past season and a half have made sure of that.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

I wonder if we will see any more jet sweeps to Kuithe and triple double reverse option in first down.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Gawd. That trick play in the TCU game broke that drive and may have been directly responsible for losing that game.

Xanthis
          Participant

Ludwig always did stuff like that and they weren’t even huge risk huge reward plays. They were huge risk low reward. So many drives killed by running some cute stuff randomly that wasn’t even setup properly in earlier plays.

Tony (admin)
            Keymaster

That’s what was really mind boggling. We would be shredding a defense and then throw in that garbage and kill a drive.

Utegator
              Participant

Okay, so we all saw these mind boggling plays. Why do we say that Ludwig stepping down was “falling on the sword”. He was the one calling these drive killing plays we’ve all seen.

stbone
            Participant

The worst was the reverse/QB pass at the start of the 2nd half in the Penn State Rose Bowl. Everything went sideways after that call.

Tony (admin)
              Keymaster

This things make me mad years later.

stbone
                Participant

I still wake up in a cold sweat screaming at Devaughn to throw the ball away.

EagleMountainUte
                  Participant

The Kuithe direct snap with Rising moving to the slot against ASU was all I needed to know that Ludwig lost the plot. I just don’t know how he saw going 10/11 on an obvious dumb play was going to work.

enigami344
        Participant

man we ran so many reverse during the Covey days. They could all ended up as negative yards but Covey was magical in turning negative yards into chunk play. We just don’t have great players to bail us out from bad calls anymore

utefansince79
      Participant

I can’t remember which exact game (was a few years ago). But Utes were on a long drive (combination of passes and successful runs) and were down at about the five yard line right in front of us in section 33. They run a reverse and lose a lot of yards and I couldn’t help but cry out “A REVERSE!?!?!?”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.