Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

If the Big12 gets into the playoffs, I propose we play no P5s OOC.

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If the Big12 gets into the playoffs, I propose we play no P5s OOC.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      89ute
      Participant

Oklahoma State – let say they win out, they will have only played 9 P5s. Their OOC schedule is a complete joke.

Baylor – See above, plus they have 1 loss.

Oklahoma – a little better, still one loss but only played 10 P5s. OOC win against Tennessee.

TCI – same as Oklahoma. OOC win against Minnesota.

The national consensus is that the Pac-12 is out. I disagree. If Stanford wins out, they would have played 12 P5s with only two losses. I think that is a better resume over any team in the Big 12.

As far as us (Utah) the argument is very similar to Stanford’s. 11 P5 games with two losses trumps anything in the Big12.

Suppose we don’t play Michigan this year, would we still have Moeai? Fakailotonga for that matter? What if one or both of those guys would have turned out to be a clutch contributor?

It will be interesting to see just how much the committee values a conference championship game and decent OOC schedule.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Kinda makes my head spin, but yeah I feel you.

THEeyepatch
      Participant

I can’t live in the world of ‘what if’s’. I leave those scenarios for the fantasy dwellers in Provo. Would Clemson, Baylor, Okie-State and/Or TCU be a CFP contender if they played in the Pac-12? HELL NO! But I do want a Big XII team in the CFP’s, to quiet any chatter about expansion so go Sooners or Hokies.

Btw, Utah’s OOC schedule for the next two years doesn’t have any ‘P5’ competition. Just a couple of FCS teams, San Jose State and a ‘P5’ wannabe.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.