Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

I’m 99% confident Daniels will be a Ute.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m 99% confident Daniels will be a Ute.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      2 2
      Utah
      Participant

But if he isn’t, we have Huntley and Shelley for next year, and after spring ball there will be a rash of QB transfers when young guys will not win the job and will leave. 

So, I expect our depth to look like this: 

2019: Huntley (SR), Shelley (RS-SO), Lisk (JR), Daniels (redshirting)

or

2019: Huntley (SR), Shelley (RS-SO), Lisk (JR), Some Freshman QB who was 4 stars who didn’t win the job at another school. 

Just like UW is doing this year. Their QB next year will be five star QB who transferred from Georgia, Eason. 

2 2
      Utah
      Participant

In other words, don’t worry about it. 

2 1
      cjd1
      Participant

I am not sure about 99%. I know recruits always say nice things about their visit but he seemed to go above and beyond and was very detailed about ASU.

2 2
        Utah
        Participant

Eh. Everyone outside of one guy who has never had insider information before and thinks we should recruit three star QB’s has him going to Utah. 

I’m not too worried. And even if he flips, we will be fine. 

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Does Shelley remind you of BJ 2008?  Like his poise and calm just make me feel better. I like Huntley and what he brings but his craziness and unpredictable ability makes me nervous as hell. 

The way Shelley lead those two drives I just really liked the calmness of the offense. I was pretty upset after the blocked punt I will admit that. I just didnt feel like you could make careless mistakes against Oregon. 

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Just read an article on 247. He said it’s down to ASU, Cal and Utah. So I guess UCLA who was considered the front runner for a while is out.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.