Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

I’m hearing good things about Lohner.

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m hearing good things about Lohner.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I heard both Rising and Kuithe talk about him. Can you imagine the weapon he can be at 6’8″ with his jumping ability? I am not suggesting that he will be an every-down player. But, in special circumstances – he may be the go-to guy.

I look forward to seeing him on the field this fall.

Go Utes!!!

Ute Dub
      Participant

I hope he breaks Tavion’s single season TD record.

D T
      Participant

At min, a serious mismatch in the Red Zone.

EmersonUte
        Participant

If the Lohner experiment works at all…. Shouldn’t we try to get Keba Keita back next year? Get basketball inspired TE’s?
        Only half kidding…

UteThunder
      Participant

The hype he is getting reminds me of Yassmin. Tons of athleticism, but raw and inconsistent. Hoping his learning curve can be quite a bit smaller.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Box out basketball skills could come in handy around the goal line or to pick up a first down. He is used to high pointing the ball. Anyone know his speed?

Charlie
      Participant

Yassmin had the advantage of multiple years to learn football which, in his case, was needed. Lohner, as has been confirmed, has incredible athleticism. I expect that he will be able to learn several sets at a time and can be used at the goal line. I expect his key will be how fast he adjusts to and accepts football level contact. I am encouraged, in part, because it seems this was his idea and he has his mind set to make it happen. There simply are very few defenders that can cover that height with a jump ball up high. Once released off the line he only needs to catch and get feet on the ground in the end zone where there are many fewer tackles. First up, how to hand fight to gain release off the line. We need a close-up pic of the first LB or nickel to match up with him.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

just google harold carmichael and it will look the same against any CB. of course, lohner’s got a long way to go before he can be compared to carmichael in anything but height

D T
      Participant

My biggest question mark with CL was how he’d take to contact….That was going to be the real concern, so hopefully he’s taken to it well.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

Is that true? I thought Yassmin was a rugby player who’d never played American Football before.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.