Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

I’m OK with the Utes picking up Carrington.

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m OK with the Utes picking up Carrington.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      UteFanatic
      Participant

There isn’t any risk in doing this.  Either he shapes up and makes our team better, or he relapses and gets kicked off the team.  KWhitt will be very clear in communicating his expectations and would not tolerate any additional criminal behavior.

It’s a great opportunity for Carrington and for the Utah football team.  Carrington has a chance to improve his life, and we have an opportunity to improve our football team.  If it doesn’t work out and he gets booted, who cares?  It just means he was beyond help.

Larry B
      Participant

I love the thought of bringing this kid on, but he would be on a VERY short leash. If he behaves himself, he’ll be easily our best WR and gives us a BIG boost on offense.

Are there any reliable sources that have him coming here, other than on Utehub?

Also, it was mentioned below that Masina may be a possibility… How reliable is that rumor? I’d be a little more reluctant to have this kid on the team, just based on what he’s being accused of.

KiYi-Ute
        Participant

Here’s a tidbit on him taking a visit to Utah, apparently other PAC schools are interested as well:

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/REPORT-Carrington-visits-Pac-12-school-others-interested-103724960

As for Osa Masina, I’ve also heard from several independent people that the Football program is paying very close attention to his case and could be interested in him if he’s found not guilty. Take that for what it is/isn’t.

UteFanatic
        Participant

I think the only known information is that he is going to visit Utah soon.  Would be crazy to bring on Masina.  Man, it’s tough to stomach allowing a potential rapist on the team.  

What happened with Masina?  Was there not enough evidence to convict, or was it a he said/she said situation?

UtTroutHunter
          Participant

I believe the Utah case has been postoned until October, and the California one was dropped. I read that somewhere, but can’t remember where. 

Utah
          Participant

What was reported with Masina and reality seem to be two VERY different things. 

All the “evidence” against Masina is nowhere to be found and Utah Prosecution looks shady at best. 

I’d let the Masina situation play out then make a judgement. 

Larry B
      Participant

For what it’s worth, my BIL is a Ducks fan and usually has good info. He says WSU and ASU are two of the other schools going after Carrington. I’m not sure this bodes well for Utah, considering both of those teams are pass heavy. Maybe Taylor can convince him otherwise.

UteFanatic
        Participant

Agreed if true.  WSU and ASU are probably more appealing to a top receiver than Uath.  It hurts us having a new and unproven offense in situations like this.  

RedLine
          Participant

Not necessarily.  He’s a proven WR and would get playing time immediately here. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.