Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Imagine if we lost in the first round of the NIT?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Imagine if we lost in the first round of the NIT?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

That would pretty much suck, but wouldn’t surprise me. Or we could win by 30.

Tacoma Ute
      Participant

Who knows what will happen? Lots of teams that are bummed out by being relegated to the NIT don’t even hardly show up and get whacked in the first game. Others buckle up and try to extend the season as long as they can.

UteThunder
        Participant

I think we have the type of team capable of making a run in the NIT. Utah is a young and talented team that wasn’t expected to do much this year, and yet they were able to win 20 games and finish 4th in the Pac-12. 

PorterRockwell
        Participant

We will win Tuesday night. I think

Anonymous
      Inactive

Three years ago we lost to St. Mary’s in the first round in their pathetic little high school gym.

Only because the Hunty was being renovated at that time. Had they waited to start the renovation, Utah would have been the home team because they were the higher seed. I forsee a different result this time around.

Tacoma Ute
      Participant

This will be somewhere between a 25 pt Utes win or a 10 pt loss. Depends on their mindset.

FountainofUte
      Participant

They won’t lose this. If the Runnin’ Utes are deflated they’ll win close, like 1-5 pts. If they come focused and p**sed, they’ll win by 20+.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.