Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Immediate impact freshman

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Immediate impact freshman

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

We should have a number of transfers who will play big roles in our 2024 football season, i.e., Singer, Lyons, Ryan, etc.

Will any freshmen play big roles this season? Who are they?

As for me, I like:

– Garcia at offensive line
      – Hunter Andrews (Could play tight end or D end)
      – I love Isaac Wilson, but I hope he does not play a big role in 2024 for obvious reasons.
      – Davis Andrews at safety (To be honest, I am not sure if this kid is a mission kid or not. However, I liked what I saw from him in high school.)

Who else?

Ute Dub
      Participant

It seems like Utah will be an upper class man dominant team. Not a ton of room for newbies…I like our chances.

2 2
      RedUte14
      Participant

only 15 high school recruits singed last year. and it was that stellar of a class.
      so tbh i doubt we really see much of any freshman.

22Ute22
      Participant

The easiest position to make an impact at as a true freshman is WR, so either Williams or Washington are the two most likely. I definitely could see Garcia becoming an important rotational player/backup as the season goes on. Outside of those three, I doubt anyone else will make an impact. Our HS class wasn’t that impressive this past year tbh. I doubt Isaac Wilson will even be the backup. I think our coaches will make Huard the backup because as history has shown, they go with the safe option at QB. Huard has experience and was a former 5 star player. Yes, he wasn’t very good, but he’s still provided a higher guaranteed floor than Wilson does.

Uteanooga
      Participant

We Ute fans have done plenty of belly aching about our WRs. I’d love to see one of the two 4* receivers signed last year show out as a tremendous threat as a freshmen.

Rick
      Participant

I don’t know that our true freshman class adds a lot on the playing field this season. I don’t think that downgrades the class, I think it tells us how terrific our ones and twos are. Hunter Andrews, right now, is a linebacker. There is simply too much in front of him but he’s going to be a player. Davis Andrews is mission bound, if not already out. I think Cash Dillon has all kinds of potential as does Garcia but I don’t know that either of them see significant reps this season. Perhaps Garcia gets on the field. I do think the Washington kid has a chance to make the receiver rotation.

I like a few of our redshirt freshmen to impact this season. Caleb Lomu may start opposite Fano. Jonah Lea’ea is mentioned occasionally by coaches. Mitchell will be in the mix at running back and Zipperer should make the receiver rotation. All are redshirt freshmen. Others I think about are John Henry-Daley at D’End, CJ Blocker at corner (highly touted out of high school) and CJ Jacobsen. Does he get into the tight end rotation – again good size, weight seems to be getting better. CJ was another highly touted, highly recruited player and a legacy kid. I’m rooting for all of these players to see time.

Lots of talent throughout the program.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.