Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Injuries

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Injuries

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      kmc165
      Participant

Anyone have any injury updates regarding who will or won’t play Saturday?

10 2
      tgi56slc
      Participant

Every week for two years, I hear Cam Rising is a game time decision.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Will Cam play? Sorry… couldn’t resist.

Utah#1
        Participant

At this point Wilson is QB1 every Saturday until you see Rising jogging on to the field in the first offensive series that Utah has the ball.

UtesRule
      Participant

No official injury reports from team = NO IDEA!

Whitty
      Participant

I’ve heard Reid back this week, O’Toole tbd

hbUte
      Participant

Everything I’ve read and heard is that it sounds like Reid is out this week but I have no inside info. Same with O”Toole.

But I hope I’m wrong and that Whitty has it right.

ProudUte
        Participant

I don’t know a thing. And I am not sure the coaches know. Last week’s decision was made 20 minutes before kickoff. So, they will look at how Cam throws and determine if he gives them the best chance to win. I hope Ried is back sooner than later, but I really don’t know. It would be nice to get O’Toole back for this game because he would help pressure Fefita.

Go Utes!!!

Texasute
          Participant

Heatd that also, that the decision was make 20 minutes prior to the game. This makes me wonder if Cam didn’t reinjure his finger. Would have thought they would have seen the affects through the week of practice if nothing additional had happened and made the decision during the week.

3 1
      Rick
      Participant

My question on the whole 20 minutes before the game line is how does that impact the amount of reps Isaac gets during the week and is that they best way to prepare him mentally for a big game? Are you telling me that our training staff and doctors don’t know until 20 minutes before kickoff if a player can play or not??? Come on man! So if they are indeed waiting that long, did Cam take up 40-50-60% or more of the reps during the week? Can’t they make a determination about whether someone is playing or not a little earlier than 20 minutes before kickoff? Or is the strategy to get wing it and not fill Isaac’s head with too much before a game and just spring it on him and hope he reacts appropriately? The whole thing is just bizarre to me.

Whitty
        Participant

Cam has been cleared to play by the staff – it’s a matter of his ability to grip and throw the ball with velocity.

1 1
          EagleMountainUte
          Participant

I just feel like this is a thing you could easily evaluate every day for practice. You do normal things for the team. QBs start throwing. If you notice there is a velocity problem. Bam Wilson gets the nod to practice that day. Rising you get to do the workout program with off field action.

It is identical to what took place against Okie State except this way no wasted reps.

HATUman
        Participant

It was a coaches decision.

ProudUte
          Participant

Yes, but one that Cam agreed with.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Good points Rick. I had heard through a national media reports that Cam had a setback during Wed practice last week. I took that meaning he took the snaps on mon and Tues and must have tried something that aggravated it on wed. Then it might make sense that they weren’t sure how bad the setback was. Would it feel better by sat. Obviously it was bad enough he couldn’t put velocity on the pass without it hurting.

AirForceUte
        Participant

Whitts presses after the game indicated Cam was getting all the reps early in the week and Isaac was getting the reps later I the week. Tracks with what Jim V says.

Josh
          Participant

I dont usually have insider info, and would never claim to if I didn’t … but someone very very very very very close to it all told me directly that Isaac has been getting 75% of snaps all week

Wild conspiracy theory: Cam’s gonna play, and Whit has instructed everyone associated with the team to hint that Isaac Wilson will be starting this week.

It’s nice that we have a semi-competent offense with Cam out this year, at least.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.