Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Interesting thought on offense

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting thought on offense

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I recently read an article that said Utah would have the best offense in the Big 12. Yet, a recent list of top ten offensive players in the Big 12 had no Utes on it and we didn’t even have anybody on the possible list. Cam Rising is ranked at best the 4th best QB in the league.

So, how is it that we have no offensive stars and yet could have the best offense in the Big 12 Some of our players may be a surprise. Singer may end up being a top receiver, and of course Cam may end up a top QB if he ends up passing as much as some have speculated. Kuithe didn’t make the top ten list, but if he plays like he did a few years ago – he could end up being one of the top tight ends in the country.

22Ute22
      Participant

Well, it’s based on schedule too. Phil Steele projected Utah as a the third best DL in the country, but as the nations number 1 rush defense because of the teams we play.

I’m assuming for offense, they would project Utah to spread the ball out a lot more, since outside of Kuithe and Cam, none of our players are household names. Arizona has McMillan and Ok State has the most experienced OL in the country and Ollie Gordon.

DataUte
      Participant

Teamwork

Redblood
      Participant

It is a weird year in that expectations are so high but we hardly have anyone on the preseason all big 12. In the two Rose bowl years we dominated the preseason awards. Not sure what to make of it. All I know is Kyle is as high on this team as any he has had. Hope that’s not him not realizing that our D isn’t as good as we think. He knows D so he would know. Can’t wait to watch it all unfold.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.