Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Is Rising Playing?

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is Rising Playing?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      1 2
      Chase Sheffield
      Participant

I saw that Dorian Singer said he would be good to go, but is he still not fully healed and getting reps. If he’s not playing, they should be giving Isaac the reps in practice.

ProudUte
      Participant

When Whitt was talking on the weekly radio show, he just talked like Cam would be playing. He wasn’t asked and he didn’t specifically say that Cam was good-to-go. However, when talking about the game plan, etc. it sounded to me like Cam was the guy. I am quite sure Cam will be starting.

UteBacker

***slowly backing as far away from this conversation as I can….;)***

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Nightmares from almost every game last year.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

He’ll play. Take it to the bank. 🤡

SalUteopia
      Participant

My least favorite guessing game ever..

1 1
      BigUteGuy
      Participant

Line moved back to -2.5 for OSU, so maybe not? Seemed to move from that number when there was chatter about Rising starting.

4 6
        Anfernee
        Participant

At this point I almost just want Wilson to be the guy and get the reps. I will always appreciate what Cam has done but this song and dance is played out.

4 2
          UTE98
          Participant

I haven’t recovered from my PTSD brought on by last year. Thus my negativity, EMU and I have been saying since end of last year moving on from Rising may have been the right move. These past two weeks have done nothing to change my mind.

Rising’s NIL? Not my money but doesn’t look like a good ROI. JJ might have been a casualty, and others producing more are getting much less. Whitt has to manage that in the locker room as well.

Holding out hope but with Rising back this year it’s “Playoffs or Bust” in my opinion.

SteelUte
      Participant

Either way we can win- Hopefully it’s with Cam, if not his hand is got to be right.

1 1
      AZUTE
      Participant

Maybe the line is moving because Utah even though they are 3-0 haven’t really been that impressive on offense or as a whole for that matter.

What have really learned about this team throughout 3 wins against bad competition and an injury plagued QB?

Uteanooga
      Participant

Yes Rising is playing.

I base that on nothing. Obviously I am set up for a huge disappointment.

Still, I am confident that he will play. Well, perhaps somewhat less confident than I was when I started typing this.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I think the line is moving because of the heat and humidity factor. The cowboys are more acclimated to play in harsh conditions. Baylor game was similar last year. Cam should be ready to go. Is two weeks enough time for stitches in a middle finger to heal? Any doctors in the house that can answer?

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

I don’t know all the specifics of his injury, so can’t say for sure. I heard dislocation and laceration at one point. Assuming there was no serious soft tissue damage given that he didn’t require surgery. Stitches would normally come out in about seven days and skin should be pretty strong by now. Would someone be able to throw a football at this stage, likely yes. Would someone be able to throw a deep out or a 40 yard vertical… debatable. Definitely not comfortably. I don’t think there’s any questions that Ludwig would have to make the offense a little bit more vanilla if Cam played based on confidence of making some of those more difficult throws, but my guess is that he would take the experience and leadership of Cam any day of the week over the inexperienced live arm of Wilson.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Thanks for the clarification. Either way sounds like he might be slightly limited. I’ll take Cam at 90%.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.