Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Isaac Asiata on Joe Williams

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Isaac Asiata on Joe Williams

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Utah.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

Here is what Isaac Asiata (My favorite current Utah player) had to say about Joe Williams after the game Saturday.

I too would encourage fans to not be so hard on Joe Williams. I still have faith he’ll get it figured out & will become a major (positive) impact player this year.

89ute
      Participant

We need depth, we need Joe. Aside from fumbles, I’d like to see him be less of a target. He has a knack for getting blown up one on one. Some running backs have a way of positioning themselves so that you can’t get a good hit on him. Think Covey. Defenders had a hard if not impossible time putting a big lick on him. McCormick too, he can find 5-6 yards straight up the middle, Joe gets blown up by the linebacker as soon as he’s past the lineman’s hip.

Utah
        Participant

I agree. We NEED Joe. He is too fast and dangerous. BUT, we NEED Moss as well. We need someone to pound the ball up the middle and soften up the defense.

I think Moss getting healthy makes both running back much better and makes our offense MUCH better.

We will love Williams as he gets less touches, takes better care of the ball, and gets more yards per game off less touches because he will be used in a way that better highlights his strengths.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.