Kolya
      Participant

Arch Manning got all the national praise

RedUte14
        Participant

Arch is not a true freshman

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

Love to see it. Wish we didn’t have so many damn Debbie Downers in the fanbase sometimes though. There were 5 drops or so in that 1st quarter along with some really s**tty playcalling from Ludwig, and we had people blaming him. He’s clearly the best option we have at backup QB. He’s an 18 year old true freshman that led us to a win and bridged the gap for the OKST game. He has a very bright future. People need to chill out.

Hellhound152
        Participant

I don’t understand any shade being thrown at Ludwig. When the players execute it works really well, and when they don’t it doesn’t. That is indicative of a execution problem, not a “play calling” problem. The difference in the 2nd quarter on was that the players were executing and making plays. The receivers were balling out for Isaac and it showed.

TruckStopTerrors
          Participant

2nd and 10 run up the gut out of the shotgun… I just don’t like his playcalling sometimes. It’s predictable. If there’s anything I look forward to when Morgan eventually takes over it’s hopefully having his own offensive philosophy and a new OC. JMO.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

That’s not a Ludwig issue. 3rd and 7 is converted at a much higher percentage than 3rd and 10 so most coordinators will call something safe to try to get 3 or 4 yards in the hopes that there’s a missed tackle to get 7 or 8 out of it.

TruckStopTerrors
              Participant

And 3rd and 6 has a better conversion rate than 3rd and 7. The particular play I’m pointing out was a no gain play and it was very predictable. I’m not saying Ludwig is awful. We went through so many OCs over the Whit era that I think we tend to believe Ludwig is one of the better in college football. I am not a believer he is.

2008 National Champ
                Participant

I’m nowhere near a Ludwig defender. I just don’t find that scenario to be outside the bounds of what you can expect out of 90% of OC’s.

With a more experienced QB in the game, perhaps there’s a hot tag or read option in that situation. But any call he makes on 2nd and 10 is going to be safe to try to get to 3rd and manageable.

Utah
      Participant

whispers *i told you so…*

Utes 69
      Participant

Wilsons mom has it going on!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.