Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      NarfUte
      Participant

Let’s see how this shakes up Rose/Huard

UtesRule
      Participant

Highly confident it doesn’t shake anything up with Huard. I’m very confident he knew he’d be in a battle for QB1 next season.

As for Rose, I hope he sticks around. And I think he will.

ProudUte
      Participant

I was just going to post that too. I am happy with this, since I see him as our QB of the future. I think Isaac has “IT”.

Go Utes!!!

Dallas
      Participant

It was going to be a bad omen if Rose was #2. Glad to see it.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

UGE

AlohaUte
      Participant

I’m legitimately surprised. Isaac mast have really outperformed the others.

Ute Dub
        Participant

My interpretation: he’s just a better athlete all the way around and the coaches see that is obvious.

22Ute22
      Participant

One thing I noticed from the spring game and scrimmage clips is that Wilson is not shy from throwing into tight coverage that would be contested catches. So I’m wondering how Whitt feels about this given we’ve heard rumors that his “no turnovers” offensive philosophy stunts QB development and risk taking.

LetItRide
        Participant

My interpretation is it’s a strategic move partly due to the J Myles factor.
        Wilson is in lead for future and he’s buddies w/ a 5star athlete.
        Just a take. 🙂

Utes 69
      Participant

go Isaac!!

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

So not that this is indicative of anything or even a fair sample size, but I saw a video a couple days ago of some practice plays (field level camera on the practice field behind the football center). It had maybe 12 total plays with some featuring the O and some the D. Two of the plays had Rose playing QB, being pressured and throwing a pic.

I didn’t really give too much thought to it at the time, but now with Isaac being named QB 2 perhaps those plays were very relevant.

MDUte
      Participant

That announcement came out over 5 hours ago…if you’ve had a boner ever since, are you supposed to go see a doctor???

Asking for a friend.

D T
      Participant

“This can’t be a surprise to anybody who watched the Spring game. Wilson had the two qualities that IMHO every elite QB has: great processing ability and attack mentality. All else is secondary. Rose, based on coaching staff comments has trouble with ‘in the moment’ decision making and playbook mastery. That seemed evident from the Spring game performance as well. SH needs time with the playbook, but the reality is he hasn’t lived up a 5 star evaluation to date.”

—Atkins on DN….I thought that summed it up pretty well.

22Ute22
      Participant

Yeah, this list is just ridiculous. Utah had the worst injury luck last season of any team, and we went 8-4 with a tougher schedule. 9-3 is this team’s floor.

Edit: I messed which thread I wanted to post in lol.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Whitt and Ludwig make players earn their positions. Isaac outperformed the other two to win the job simple as that. That’s impressive for him as a true freshman. A year behind Rising and hopefully a few snaps in games should catapult him in to next season.

bopahull
      Participant
      Caliman
      Participant

Largely a strategic move, Huerd and Wilson were neck and neck, but one has a brother that plays in the NFL and the other one doesn’t. KW is gonna milk that connection like Lawensky milked Clinton. It’s actually not a bad plan at all.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

Definitely not a bad plan. As has already been pointed out, I can help with recruiting Myles, plus other QB recruits can see that they have a legitimate shot to come in and compete as a freshmen.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.