Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

It is suppose to be 95 degrees at game time on Saturday

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It is suppose to be 95 degrees at game time on Saturday

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Both teams have to play in the same weather, but I hate games where it is so crazy hot, especially on Field Turf.

This stadium is unique because it is laid out east/west instead of the normal north/south. If you are looking back west for the ball, it may be hard to see in a late afternoon game.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

We had guys cramping at USU. This week is going to be harder.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Get out the pickle juice and mustard. I’d never heard of mustard but a couple weeks ago at my grandson Ute conference game a couple of the boys were cramping and one of the moms had mustard packets. Just when you think you’ve heard it all.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

Pickle juice works.

Utesbyfive
          Participant

The secret ingredient in both is vinegar. Mustard is Vinegar, water, mustard seed, turmeric, and salt. Pickle juice – lots of vinegar and salt.

MineralUte
      Participant

I don’t think the East/West orientation should throw off Utah too much, as they’ve played USC at the Coliseum and will know how to handle it.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

The humidity can be a bigger factor. I’ve never been to Stillwater. Is the humidity there high? The Baylor game was similar heat minus the humidity. Depth will play a big role.

UtesRock
      Participant

And the humidity. Some clouds may help.

PlainsUte
      Participant

Where are you seeing 95? The National Weather Service says high “near 90”. There is also a decent chance of a thunderstorm coming south from Kansas overnight which might keep things cloudy/cool through the morning, at least; NWS translates that to a 40% chance of rain during the day. There is a weak cold/stationary front in the area, so if that slips south it might also keep temperatures more moderate.
      https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.110175&lon=-97.05857

hbUte
        Participant

@Plains: I’m seeing “near 94” from your NWS link.

went to another weather site and its forecast calls from a Saturday high of 97:

Going to be hot in any case.

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

Silver lining – As we’ve seen here, day games with notable heat will take some energy out of the crowd.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.