Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Ja’Quiden had himself a game last night.

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ja’Quiden had himself a game last night.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      12 1
      Larry B
      Participant

101 yards on 8 carries with 2 TD. Sad to see him go but glad he’s having success so far.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

Arkansas scored touchdowns on their first ten offensive possessions.

Yep, ten.

Yergensen
      Participant

JJ was a loss for us, don’t know that we can replace his physicality combined with big play ability. We’d be even better with him.

ColumbiaUte
        Participant

I’d argue he was the biggest loss for us in the transfer portal era. We have had a lot of players leave but most were never going to see the field or were not high production players.

cj13
        Participant

With Keenan’s injury last night it is looking like it might be Jatravis Broughton as the biggest loss

ProudUte
      Participant

I agree that I hope he does well. He played great last night getting 12.5 yards per carry.

Of the guys who left via the portal, the only one that really concerned me was Jackson. I don’t understand why he left. We gave him the opportunity to move to RB, and he would have been our lead back this year.

I hope to see him in the NFL next year.

Utesbyfive
        Participant

I think he may have just had a lot of bad memories of Ty and Aaron, and wanted to be back in the part of the country he grew up in. I don’t think it was a huge mystery.

3 9
      Caliman
      Participant

Good riddance! As far as I’m concerned, you’re either a Utah Ute or you’re not. If you’re not in 100%, than leave the spot to someone who wants to be here, none of that premodona BS.

1 3
        PNW Ute
        Participant

“premodona”?

To quote Ted Lasso, “It’s prima donna. Who the f*ck says “pre-Madonna”? What the f*ck does that even mean?”

1 5
        HATUman
        Participant

As Coach Whitt says, “All in or in the way”. Why are we even tracking this kid? Yeah, he was a Ute, but he willingly gave that up of his own volition. I wish him nothing.

5 1
        22Ute22
        Participant

Dang, you guys are hating on him for no reason. He gave so much to Utah and he was great friends with TJ and AL. Yes, he left because of NIL money, but it was to provide for his family. How many of you, if you and your family were poor, would give up a job opportunity in which you would double your salary and lower your commute time? NONE OF YOU. I hope JJ has a good season at Arkansas and softens up Oklahoma State for us.

1 4
          Caliman
          Participant

He had all the attention at Utah, and that was not enough for him; so yeah, who cares where He goes, or how good He’s doing somewhere else. I want to know how The Utes are doing, not how an ungrateful superstar wanna be is doing somewhere else.

9 1
      UteNamedOg
      Participant

With all of the sh*t he went through, and how he handled it so well, I hope nothing but the best for him.

Caliman
        Participant

He didn’t handle it well, He transferred out for no reason.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

This is some BS and very zoobish right here. He came here to play with Ty Jordan. Jordan died before Jackson made it to SLC, and he still came. Jackson put everything he had into last season and played injured in almost every game. He got close with Aaron Lowe, who also died. He handled all of that as well as can be expected. My understanding is that Arkansas also offered him more money. To say he left for no reason or didn’t handle adversity well is downright stupid. I hope he does well and has a long football career. I will be cheering for the young man regardless of who he plays for.

22Ute22
          Participant

No reason? He transferred out because Utah didn’t match Arkansas’ NIL offer. Had Utah done so, he most likely would have stayed.

3 2
      chinngiskhaan
      Participant

That’s great. I hope he has a great year. He deserves it. That being said, I don’t think this game is an indicator of future success.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

He gets Oklahoma State next week. Wouldn’t bother me a bit to see him go off and expose some weak points in their D

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.