Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Jay Hill

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jay Hill

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

It’s been reported on cougarboard that Jay Hill suffered a heart attack. I have no link or source other than it’s being discussed on CB.

If reports are true my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hill is a former Ute player and coach well liked and respected by all. Reguardless of team affiliation let’s all take a moment and reflect on what is really important in life. Football is just a game. Jay has a great family and they need him in their lives. Get better Jay we are all behind you.I hope it’s not true.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

As reported on cougarboard, he apparently had it happen while he was working out. He has two stents and is expected to make a full recovery.

ProudUte
      Participant

It was apparently posted on X last night. CB picked it up. But, the odd thing is that there is no news release from BYU. Nothing on any of the local news networks. Nothing in the local papers. I wonder if this is just a rumor that spread.

If Hill indeed suffered a heart attack, my thoughts and prayers are with him. He is a very good man.

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

Here is the story from Yahoo. Says he first had symptoms Thursday night and had since underwent 2 procedures and wants to try and coach from the press box today.
        Yahoo Link

Utah
        Participant

Here’s the thing:

He may have had a heart attack…Nowadays, depending on the attack, the severity, the health of the patient and time from attack to seeing a doctor…

Sometimes it ends up being pretty routine. There are sometimes, they monitor you for a few hours, tell you to go home and get back to normal life.

I hope that’s the case for Hill. Something they can quickly fix and he can get back to normal life.

AlohaUte
      Participant

Prayers for him and his family. Hope for a full recovery.

High Uintas
      Participant

A 100% blocked artery causing chest pain is not to be taken lightly. I’m not a doctor but I’m pretty sure it’s not like replacing a clogged radiator hose.

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

Not a cardiologist, but I work in medicine and more than likely chance that he feels better now than he did prior to the incident. Tons of patients don’t even realize that they are having symptoms related to poor blood flow to their heart until they get it corrected. Hopefully he is good to go.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Here is his tweet. He seems to be doing well.
      link

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.