Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Jerome Myles, aka Xavier Jordan 2.0

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jerome Myles, aka Xavier Jordan 2.0

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tyler Henry
      Participant

Does anyone else remember Xavier Jordan from last years class? He was also a top 75 player, and heavily considered Utah before honoring his pledge to USC. Like Xavier, Jerome wants to be involved early, and not just him getting his feet wet kind of early. Xavier has not played a single down yet, despite him having opportunities in blowouts to make an appearance. Xavier is also not redshirting either, so he just isn’t handling the competition.

It just makes me wonder why kids commit to schools like USC if they want the early playing time, but they are in no real position to receive it. Maybe we will see one of these two down the road as a Ute!

Larry B
      Participant

$$$$$$$

Charlie Foxtrot
        Participant

I have a feeling this is probably the main reason, much deeper NIL pockets. I would be interested to see the statistics after say 5 years of NIL how many 5 and 4 star players are still on the team they signed with out of high school.

If they have NFL aspirations, playing time has got to be a factor at some point and if you have already secured substantial up front NIL $ then there should be transfer portal options for lower tier B1G, and SEC schools as well as the not top 2 conference BigXII and the ACC teams.

4 1
      Yergensen
      Participant

It’s well established, data doesn’t lie, that Utah doesn’t feature the WR.

So, bias aside, would you play for Utah if you were a highly recruited WR?

What is WR playing time at Utah worth, if you’re blocking or running routes, but not getting targets?

This is the problem statement: Utah doesn’t feature the WR. Until WR prioritization changes, WR recruiting won’t change.

RustyShackleford
        Participant

Why is that though

Yergensen
          Participant

With Dorian Singer in the fold, it can no longer be argued that it’s a talent issue. So, how is Dorian Singer’s usage so far this year?

To me, it’s the scheme. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Covey said 2 years ago WR isn’t emphasized in the scheme.

Anfernee
            Participant

Interesting side note. Dorian Singer 2022 with Arizona: 66 receptions for 1,105 yards. 2023 with Lincoln Riley:
            24 receptions for 289 yards.

Anfernee
        Participant

Look at the development of WRs under Lincoln Riley. Underwhelming is an understatement. And that’s with Heisman QBs. Some of these WRs are in for a surprise.

MineralUte
        Participant

Ask Tim Patrick and DeVaughn Vele how it did for them.

TheNuschler
      Participant

The transfer portal is a game changer. If he can play as a freshman like he thinks he can, great for him. If he doesn’t see the field, he’s got plenty of NIL options in the portal. Doesn’t bother me as much if Utah was playing USC every year, hope that changes soon.

Uteanooga
      Participant

Vs Utah St. Singer lead the team in receptions with 5. Parks had 4, and Kuithe had 3. Considering they were being targeted by a true freshmen in his first ever college start, I think one could consider this “targeting the receivers.”

Just saying..

Yergensen
      Participant

One game? You think Myles should base his decision on one game?

If you take WR targets and productivity over the body of Lud & Whit’s work together, what do you think you’ll find? You know the answer.

But yeah, I’m hopeful that with Isaac Wilson things will change and Saturday did look different than the past several years.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.