Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Jerome Myles official visit to USC on Saturday

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jerome Myles official visit to USC on Saturday

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      10 1
      Anfernee
      Participant

With the October 30th commitment announcement approaching, our WRs better be utilized and showcased.

5 3
      Hellhound152
      Participant

Ah yes, our yearly request to styme the offense and forego winning for the sake of the whim of a 17 year old. Oh goody. At least we have something to blame other than the Brinks truck the big boys roll up to his house in…

Utesbyfive
      Participant

Honest question, is it pronounced jer-ohm, or Jeremy? I’ve never heard anyone actually say it, but I imagined it’s Jeremy when I read it. 🤷‍♂️

Rick Walker
        Participant

It’s jer-ohm, that’s how all of the people at corner canyon pronounce it at least

Charlie
      Participant

I get it may be a money thing to decide. However if it is a football thing he should visit Utah again since he is in town and ask Singer about USC as a WR vs Utah as a WR. Maybe a question about how practice against the Utah D during the week vs practice against the USC D. USC is a big name but can also let good football players disappear.

4 1
      Yergensen
      Participant

Week 1

USC WR group 309 yds
      UA McMillan 304 yds
      TSPP WR group 294 yds
      Utah WR group 86 yds

Emphasis on WR in our scheme and game plans? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Wow interesting stats Yergie. Hopefully they are setting up teams to concentrate on the TE and give the WR more room and 1 on 1 coverage. Singer and Parks have the speed to go deep. Big plays Saturday. 🤞

3 1
          2008 National Champ
          Participant

They’ve been “setting that up” since Troy Taylor moved on. Until proven otherwise, WR’s being featured in a Ludwig offense is just propaganda.

Charlie
        Participant

All true however, I hope he considers Utah had 5 passing TDs in the first half when the starters left the game. It was all due to the defense and who they chose to cover with Utah simply throwing to the undefended receiver. So you could make a case for the total receiving yards per half for the first half as an indication of the passing game. If SUU focused on Keithe and the RB (Vaki last year provided this hint), likely the WRs would have had 5 first half TDs.

I know it all sounds like spin but just seeing a few highlights should help understanding. Still, no doubt, best to light up the WRs this game. I don’t expect Baylor will leave 4 times an eligible receiver free run thru the defense saturday.

Kellso
      Participant

I don’t think we should change anything to try and impress one recruit. Don’t care if he’s a five star. Our system is about the team not one position group.

NarfUte
      Participant

He’s probably just taking the free trip to watch the pig farmer in action

Kolya
      Participant

U$C will flash the money, and get him a hot white girl for the night. And he will be sold

Dallas
        Participant

Downvote the white girl comment.

Kolya
          Participant

It’s marketing 101
          Everyone wants taste the forbidden fruit

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.