Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Jerome Myles Top 10

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jerome Myles Top 10

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      NorthernUte
      Participant

Utah made the list, not a huge surprise. Looking at the teams we are competing with for him is mildly intimidating! Hoping for the best with my fingers crossed!!

List is below:
      Georgia
      Michigan
      Auburn
      Texas A&M
      USC
      Ohio State
      Penn State
      Miami
      LSU
      Your Utah Utes

UtesRule
      Participant

People WAY MORE in the know than any of us shlupps on this message board think Utah has more than a good chance of landing him. I’ll take that!

Go Utes!

Utesbyfive
        Participant

Hopefully we have the money to land him.

2 1
      Utah#1
      Participant

The Utes will be fine whether he becomes a Ute or not. Us fans put too much stock in him or any elite kid of his caliber and don’t think its worth it. He could be excellent or he could be a bust! We don’t know, but I would prefer to recruit two or three good kids who want to come here now and contribute immediately and can be just as good as one of him. Just my two cents.

Mule
        Participant

It’s about percentages. A 5 ⭐️ is more developed than a 4 ⭐️ and is more likely to come in and contribute early. Are there 5 ⭐️ busts? Sure, but not as many as 4 or 3.

If Myles comes to Utah it’s because he wants to be here and the coaches want him here. So why would you prefer to take 2 other players that also want to be here over him? Would you prefer to take 2 Brandon Roses over 1 Cam?

Myles knows the program and coaching staff well. He’s visited countless times and would fit right in. If we air it out this year, and if Wilson earns the #2 job, my prediction is that Myles commits in December becoming the first 5 star to sign at the U!

Red Rhino
      Participant

It’s less about Jerome Myles and more a statement of where the program is that gets people excited to land him.

MDUte
        Participant

New crystal ball was put in last night for Jerome Myles to Utah. We’re getting closer to getting our 1st ever 5* commitment…Go Utes!!

Edit: Myles will be announcing his commitment on October 30th

PhiladelphiaUte
          Participant

Not the 1st.

James Aiono

MDUte
            Participant

I personally don’t go off of Rivals ratings. From everything I’ve heard, 247 goes more in-depth in ratings than any other service. I realize they also put out their 247 composite rating to take all the other services into consideration as well. But I place the highest value on 247’s own rating.

For that reason, I would consider Jerome Myles Utah’s 1st ever 5⭐️ commit when we get him.

D T
          Participant

*JM’s rated .9735 on the Composite, which is very close to the 5-star threshold.

CPIII was our highest ever at .9744.

Regardless, very highly rated & an instant starter for us.

Edit—Didn’t read BD’s comment before posting!!

BD
      Participant

Will be super exciting if he commits!

For the recruit rankings geeks, like me:

This is only relevant, if and only if, Myles commits, of course.

Myles is a 247 5-star receiver (247 rating of 98), but still a 247 4-star composite.

His 247 composite rating is a 0.9735 – that would make Myles the 2nd-highest 247 composite recruit ever for Utah, only behind CPIII. CPIII had a 0.9744 composite rating.

247 Ranking adjustments could still happen for Myles, and Myles could indeed become a 5-star composite. We’ll see.

Given that Myles has a 247 98 ranking – 5-star – that would be the highest ever 247 ranking for a Ute (if he commits, of course).

Lander Barton had a 247 97 ranking – 4-star (0.9587 247 composite – 4-star).

But Lander had an On3 rating of 98 – 5-star.

So, technically, Barton was a 5-star also if you include On3.

I am not going to bother with Rivals or Espn ranking.

Just geek stuff – doesn’t really matter too much.
      I am excited by this crystal ball. Of course, he still needs to actually commit. Crossing fingers that happens!

highlandute7
      Participant

List has been narrowed down to 5:

Georgia
      Ohio St
      Texas AM
      U$C
      UTAH

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

Is there an announcement date set?

ProudUte
        Participant

Solid competition for Myles. This would be a huge get, more because it shows that we can compete with the big guys.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

Looks like crystal ball came in today for Utah on Utezone. On3 gave an expert prediction for Utah today as well. Good signs, but if the date is 10/30, there’s still a ways to go.

Rick Walker
        Participant

Out of all of these teams the only one that worries me is Ohio State. Jerome has called Ohio State his “dream school” and referred to them as WRU before, so I genuinely believe he goes there if the passing game doesn’t show out this year. HOWEVER, if the passing game does show out like we all want it to then I think the Utes have a great chance at landing him

D T
          Participant

The drawback with tOSU, is he could get caught up in a numbers game like Singer did at USC last year….Like Singer, he’d be our WR1.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.